Monday, March 06, 2023

Cleaning is Contagious

Remember my  Pile Project???

I was in full clean more, full use it or give it away mode, and then... I kept finding more things than I had hours in the day for - it was a blast!!

Down at the bottom of a pile... I am not ready to show you what was on the top yet - were these colorful crazy blocks - and!! I remembered - they were all left over from one of the RSC challenges!! ( I just went back and looked - 2015.... oops!!)

Anyways - these are the blocks:

( Pattern I used can be found here)

And now they are a top - and they are in my To Be Quilted pile!!!

Won't that be a fun and happy one?

I am sure I have a piece of 30's repro I could use for the back....

Next???

Linking to:

Design Wall Monday at Small quilts and doll quilts

Monday Musings at Songbird designs

14 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just won a jelly roll. I might have to try out this pattern. I like your 30's prints.

Delighted Hands said...

Done will be a better pile to make! This is very pretty!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Alycia, I WISH cleaning was contagious and I could catch it from you! LOL I'm almost afraid to start looking in all the nooks and crannies in my house where I stash UFOs and kits I've purchased! LOL Your quilt is so much fun. Enjoy the quilting on this one. That is such a cool block and I love the 30s fabrics you used. I have a LOT of 30s fat quarters I need to do something with! Have a great week, and thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Have fun quilting this one. Looks like you are making great progress on the piles (I hope you feel that way, too)!

Vicki in MN said...

I like that pattern with your 30's. The white really pops!

Mari said...

It's amazing what we find in those piles, isn't it?

loulee said...

That is a bright and happy quilt.

Linda said...

Those are pretty blocks! Thanks for the pattern link - I love the pattern.

Linda said...

I just saved the pattern - looking forward to trying it. I love the fabrics you used, may even copy you. ;)

cityquilter grace said...

very cute flimsy! move it along gal!

Susan said...

I need to do that! I have a baby quilt to make for a son's friend, and finding a stack of blocks for a little girl would be fabulous right now. LOL Your blocks look terrific together. Thanks for the lnk.

Michelle said...

This is a fun and happy quilt! Beautiful!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Great quilt top even if it waited for the right time. Glad it made it out of your pile. I wish I could make good progress on my piles.

Preeti said...

For all the squirrels underneath, I try to avoid cleaning at all times :-D Clearly, you are more adept at cleaning and rescuing forgotten blocks and transforming them into quilty loveliness.