Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Snowshoeing at Rocky Mountain

 Colorado seems to have a lot of snow this year. I am not a trend forecaster or predictor so I don't know if its more than normal or not, but it seems to me the snow has been on the ground for a LONG period of time this season...

Best thing to do?

GO SNOWSHOEING!!!

and so we did!


it was cold.... I usually like cold, but the wind kept blowing and blowing snow down my jacket - so I may have been a little colder than normal...


This is where we wanted to go ( above)

and this is what the trail looked like.
( Oh by the way - we had already snowshoed in 3 miles to this part)


We figured we were there - might as well see what we could see, and go until we felt that if there was an avalanche we wouldn't be found....



And I have to say - the Views were breathtaking....
The wind was biting




The trees and the sun put on a show


More wind..... 

I am thinking it was worth the hike!!



Just in case you were wondering - I had on ear muffs and a HAT!!!!  that wind was crazy!!!

it was all worth it tho - we made it back, and headed to a BBQ joint where we warmed up and enjoyed some great BBQ


Linking to:

My Corner of the world

7 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh that looks like fun, and your photos are spectacular! Makes me miss hiking, although we always did ours in the spring or summer. Eating after hiking is always the best!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a beautiful place! I haven't been up there in the snow like that, but it is a favorite hike in the summer. Good for you!

Vicki W said...

What spectacular views!

Delighted Hands said...

Looks like you had a great time! Beautiful views is right!

Sherrill said...

You guys are NUTS!! LOL No way I'd get out in that stuff and especially go as far as you did. UGHHHH! Glad you get out and enjoy..it'd have to be a sunny warm beach for me.

quiltingbydawn said...

I love seeing your adventures! Colorado is so beautiful anytime of year!

Kate said...

Gorgeous photos! Now I really feel like a wimp for being proud of myself for getting out when it's below 40 and getting in a walk.