Wednesday, February 23, 2022

STOP TOSSING - Step Number Two!!!

 

STEP 2


*Take those Twelve 9 patches and lay them out on your board

They measure 14 inches square

You are going to cut them into fourths

Lay them out and place the ruler vertically at 7 inches from the edge

Make a slice

DO NOT MOVE THEM

Lay your ruler out 7 inches from the edge horizontally.

Make a slice

You now have 4 - 7 inch by 7 inch blocks from each 9 patch = 48 blocks

*Take the top left and the bottom right squares and twist them so the contrast square in on the outside corner.


And re stitch into a 4 patch block

This block will measure 13 ½ inches

 

·         I will tell you – in my scrappy version ( where I used a LOT of Blues ) I mixed and matched the 7x7 blocks so that it looked more scrappy – but you do NOT have to!







So here is the deal - on the blog - the clues will just be typed in - but in my Groups.io Mystery group ( NOT a facebook page) there will be printable Pdfs... Its just too easy to do it there!!

Link to the group: https://groups.io/g/MysteryQuilts4Military


ALSO!! Thank you all for asking - Past Patterns are available - 

They are in my ETSY store   Quiltygirl Etsy Store

2 comments:

Neta in NE said...

Not 5 minutes ago I was looking for the 2nd step and VOILA! Here it is! I had a feeling it was going to be slash and sew! I used MANY different blues from my stash! THANKS!

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty and I like the way the red center is now dispersed in the block!