Monday, September 23, 2019

SSSSQ Progress and!! another Churn Dash....

I have some progress on my Super Summer Sensational Scrap Quilt ( designed by Kevin the Quilter)


Finally Got the other 3 corners on
That was not hard at all with Kevin's great instructions
it was just - we got new Momma Cows
and I might have had too much fun watching them!


And here it is with some borders... 

Remember my Favorite Block post?

I was also going to post this photo in there


BUT then!!  I got to see it awarded!
So I was so happy to be able to show you both photos!



And because you know I can not stay away from the mountains
We headed up to the High Country to do some scouting


and we found Fall
( Contented Sigh)

And I wore a Sweatshirt
and All was good in the world.

The End




Linking up to:


Through My Lens - for my Fall photo
Our World Tuesday

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your mystery quilt is looking great! I love all the beautiful plaids.

Sherrill said...

I really need to make an attempt to use some of the patriotic panels I have. They intimidate me a little but it doesn't look so hard with your churn dashes. I'm never really ready for fall simple because of what comes next.

sue s said...

Ahh! This helps me visualize my blue and gold version of SSSSQ! thanks. Your QOV is very nice. Does the Veteran not see it yet in the pic?

Kat Scribner said...

Great progress on that super scrappy squares quilt! How large will you go with it?

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a marvelous post - I'm looking forward to wearing a sweatshirt outdoors (instead of indoors to avoid overly-active air conditioning in some stores).

Danice G said...

Pretty quilts. I wanted to join Kevin's quilt along but fell too far behind. Yours looks super.

Farm Quilter said...

Beautiful quilts!! Kevin did a great job designing his mystery quilt. Your QoV is gorgeous!! Autumn is definitely here...awfully early this year. I think we'll be having a hard winter in my neck of the woods!!

Bonnie said...

I don't think fall is going to come until November this year. UGH. It hit 90 today -- or so. Which would have been fine except it was HUMID. double UGH. Wow, Kevin's quilt pattern turned out great. I may have to go back and get all of the directions. I quit on the intro -- not willing (or able) to cut all those squares this summer. Enjoy your fall -- I'm envious!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting Kevin's mystery top done. I'm impressed that your favorite block from the Hop got sewn into a QOV already. Nice work, Alycia!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on Kevin's mystery!

compusword said...

Alycia, love that Kevinthequilter.blogspot.com Summer Sensation quilt! You are motivating me to get back to mine. Also love how the panel is set into the Churn Dash quilt - also motivating. Thanks for all you do, Liz in Houstno

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Two great quilts. We got fall weather this past weekend, but it's HOT again for the moment.