Thursday, December 08, 2016

Retreat Day 2 Continued

So!!!  After finishing my Quilt in a Bag and my Nine Patch - I decided on a more Geometric Quilt!!

A Spiderweb Quilt!!
(Free pattern found here: http://www.maryquilts.com/spiderweb-quilt/  )


I made all my stippie blocks
( And drank more water)

And then I diagonaled them
( And drank more water)


Then I made them into fun blocks
( and drank more water)

and finally I started sashing them!!!


and you couldn't stop there 
I rowed them
( and drank more water)


And added a cool scrappy Blue border
( and drank more water)


And then it was night time
and I kept my roommates awake all night
making trips to the bathroom
( and drinking more water)


linking to: NTT Thrusday
COnfessions of Fabric Addict
Anja Quilts ( TGIFF)
Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Busy Hands Quilts
SCraptastic Tuesday

12 comments:

Judy V fromThornton CO said...

The blocks are just awesome!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! What a FUN quilt top that turned out to be. What was with all the water? Hope you were just trying to be healthy!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Woo hoo, another finish!

Mari said...

Wow, you are so productive! Cute quilt!

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

don't you just love it when a simple block can become such a great quilt. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. micki@2dogsstudio.us

WeedyMama said...

Goodness, I'm sloshing just to read your description. I understand about the altitude thing.

Cool quilt. Just might have to try that one!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are so productive! Borders take me so long, sigh. Have a great time, and drink water (grin).

Vicki in MN said...

You sure are making good use of your time on retreat. I love Mary's patterns.

Patti said...

Well you certainly do a good job quilting under the influence!

Love the blocks!

Kate said...

Those spider web blocks are so cool! Congrats on getting them all the way to a finished flimsy.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I like the "movement" of the blocks. Great finish. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF hosted @ Anja Quilts.

Nicky said...

Fab scrappy quilt - well done for keeping going. Hope all that water i making your skin glow with health! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday! !