Friday, December 23, 2016

2017 Blogging/Planning Party

Don't Laugh....

I am planning.... yep - me....   The fly by the seat of my Pants QDD girl...is thinking about a plan!

Alright - in reality I always have goals, but very rarely do I tell people about them....

But Quilting JetGirl is hosting a Blogging planning party, and I thought - well - let's see what I can write down....


Here we go:

  • Write 3 Mystery Quilt patterns for MysteryQuilts 4 Military : ( This is my Yahoo group - we do a mystery quilt that fits the requirements of a Quilt of Valor, with the intent that the quilt will be awarded to a Veteran - here is the link https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MysteryQuilts4Military/info  just in case you want to join in: )  and you can see some of the older ones we have done here

  • Finish 12 UFO's this year - Judy at Patchwork Times is going to host a UFO draw and I think I'll join in - I'm not sure how many UFO's I have - and I refuse to count - but I am sure I can find 12 of something to do!

  • Participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with Angela at SuperScrappy. I have done this for 2 years, and didn't get to in 2016 - so I want to step back in for 2017

  • Quilt/Piece 12 Quilts of Valor - this is a goal I always try to do, and usually I do more - but to know I have a minimum keeps me moving ( i did 28 in 2014, and 33 in 2015, and forgot to count in 2016.... hmmmm I see a trend ha ha)

  • Continue hosting a QOV show on the blog - I am not sure if it will be weekly as it has been for the last gazillion years, or if I will change it to monthly.  My group produces a LOT of Quilts of Valor, and you all make some amazing ones..... so we will have to see about the timing


  • Continue to share my photography on the blog




  • and make time to Hike and see the state!

There you go!! I am linking up with Quilting JetGirl and hope to remember what I told you all!!
Ha ha!!






7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Wishing you all the best with your wonderful goal list! Merry Christmas.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like some ambitious goals!! Having a plan is good. Working the plan is even better!!! Best of luck to you.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thank you so much for all the amazing work you do for QOV. I hope that you have a wonderful 2017 and thanks for linking up!

Janice Holton said...

I am so in awe of all you quilters with all these amazing goals. Still trying to decide if I can come up with some of my own.

Kate said...

A great group of goals. Hope you are having a very Merry Christmas.

Carlie Nichols said...

Please, please continue sharing your QOVs!!! I get a lot of inspiration from your quilts for our group over here in western NC!
Carlie Nichols

Paige said...

Looking forward to your creative (quilting and photography) 2017!