Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Retreat Day 2

Are you ready to  see my Day Two projects?  I was told to take at least one project for each day..... so I obliged!!!


sent me this precut Quilt in a Bag .... and I started in!!


Prepping the squares


and stitching along!!

We were up at high elevations - so we had an official "Drink" person
It was so cute - every so often she would yell Drink!
And we would all take big glugs of our water.

No one wanted to get altitude sickness - and staying hydrated was the best way to counteract it

I might have drank enough water though - that I was swimming!!


After all the blocks were sewn this was the layout I decided on
and by adding border
it is 64 x 64




But!!! I wasn't finished yet!!! 
This took me through Day 1 and a little of Day 2 - so I started another project......   

You'll have to come back to see it.....

Linking to:
FreeMotion by the River

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

So happy to see those fabrics turned into a quilt top! Way to go, you super-sewer!

Judy V from Thornton CO said...

Love the continuing saga of your quilt retreat!

Magoo47 said...

Great ideas for Retreat! I'll suggest a DRINK person for my group when we go this coming year :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Very nice!! I'm glad to see that you are enjoying a productive retreat.

Terri said...

I didn't know that about altitude sickness prevention. (Quilts AND health information in the same blog!) Love the quilt you made.
Anxious to read the next installment.
Hugs

Kate said...

You made really good progress for day 1.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

HST's are so versatile. The layout possibilities are endless. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF hosted @ Anja Quilts.