Thursday, November 01, 2012

the other side

I am often asked if I do anything else in my life.... the answer is no... its kids, quilts, chocolate, kids and more quilts..... is there anything else? Really?

My kiddos marching band made it to state, and state was down in Pueblo, for us - that is a 3 hour drive... so we all left at 4 in the morning, and came back at 2 am.... a loooong day.... but so fun!

The kids won second place - and because I am a photo nut.... here are a few shots.



My kiddo is the snare drum player ( on the far left) I love him.



The judges walk the field, and walk in between the band, and otherwise drive me nuts... they do not hear my mental ness telling them to move....
And then the photographers - do NOT get me started. All of us parents are out there in the audience, paying our big bucks, and they stand right in front of where you want to take the pictures. I have the backsides of several photographers to prove it.... sigh

But is was a great time!!! I was so proud of all their hard work. They really did well!!

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

For such a small band that is a BIG win. Good for them!

Terri said...

When I was in 1st grade I could hear and see the HS marching band out at practice... I always dreamed of being in that band. It really was the only DREAM I had. It never happened. Soooo glad to hear your peeps did well.
Hugs

Amy said...

I LOVE Marching Bands! Despite the long, long hours of the day, I can only well imagine how amazing all the competition was.
Awesome pictures

Nancy said...

I always like to see parents that support their children in all of their endeavors. Congratulations to the band on its award-winning performance.