Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Quilted by Donna

Donna in Longmont volunteers for Quilts of Valor as a Long arm quilter. She graciously volunteered to quilt 2 QOV's for me. And I am so tickled!!
~
This first one was made by the Miracles group in Denver. My friend Jess is the quilting teacher for this bunch of ladies - and they do an AWESOME job. The girls are really excited to make these quilts too.
~
The next quilt was made by Lyn in my quilt guild. She made this twist beauty and of course it is now on my list of "have to makes" . I am really intrigued by it. I put a close up of the quilting - she did this really cool pattern that has flags and stars in it.
~
Thanks Donna, Jess and Lyn - you all make an awesome team!!


There are a lot of fires burning - I think 3 here in Colorado, and numerous ones in California. The smoke is making the sun really really red this morning and it is hazy. Kind of a wierd effect. I tried taking pictures - but the camera can't "see" the smoke. Anyways - if any of you are in those areas - Stay Safe!!!

No comments: