Friday, March 27, 2009

God's Creation QOV

This Quilt of Valor was made by one of the groups at school. They named it "God's Creation" and chose the Bear in the Woods MeanderPanto for it. I think they did a marvelous job and am really proud of them! They chose there own words for their label and we will put them and the picture on a label.
~
We even have a Outdoorsy Pillowcase for it.


~
I have had a few emails about what the requirements are for a Quilt of Valor. The Basic requirements are that the quilt be between 50 x 60 and 72 X 90. That it is a quilt - made of cotton fabrics. It should be quilted, not tied. They should have a label, and a pillowcase.


~
Now if you think the label is not important - I beg you to ask one of the 5th grade students what they think. They examined each and every quilt to find out information about it. Those that did not have labels, I answered questions about!
~
Pillowcases: you may think this is just one extra thing to do, and well frankly it is. But it is with good reason that we send a pillowcase with the quilt. One, it protects the quilt. Two, many soldiers go from location to location, and with a pillowcase the quilt can easily be a carry on. Three, they are cool, and can hold the quilt, the journal, and any other letters you choose to send with the quilt to the soldier.
~
I also recieved an email asking who our quilts went to. Ours are going to wounded soldiers in the Wounded Warrior unit at Fort Carson. There are many injured soldiers, in lots of other locations, they need the love too ( hint hint)
~
And the last questions I have recieved.. are you on spring break? Nope - we are on Blizzard break. Yesterday about 7am it started snowing, and by 9:30 am the roads were so bad they called for school to end. So I made it in at 10 and picked up my munchkins... and we played. Today school is cancelled too due to bad road conditions.
~
The picture of the man - he is standing in the middle of my road - my road to get to town and to chocolate. He is up to his knees in the snow..... I think I may be out of luck on the chocolate part.
~
The other picture is looking down the road towards the highway. The road - it is missing. Oh well, I didn't want to go anywhere anyways - so there!
~
Have a good one!

No comments: