Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stars and Bars

It has been a while since I worked on my Stars and Bars quilt. But I am sewing on it at least one day a month. During our guild QOV sew day! Last time I got all the 1/2 square triangles sewn and pressed.
~
This first picture is on all my pieces cut out. I used a lot of scraps. And I got this one all cut out - and it was borrowed *giggle* but will defineatly come back finished! So I cut another one... I am getting good practice at cutting up scraps!

~
This is the link to the pattern - just in case you missed it.... way back in August.


~
So for my quilt I took the 56 3 3/8 inch white squares and drew a diagonal line across them on the wrong side. Then I grabbed one of the 56 3 3/8 inch Blue squares. I put them right sides together and sewed 1/4 inch on one side of the line. Turned the square and sewed 1/4 inch on the other side of the line. Then I cut on the line and pressed.




~




This last Wednesday I layed them out like a friendship star and started sewing them all together. I used a red center. I think I got a total of like 8 done, but whos counting when you are having fun right? I think I need ( okay I know I need) 28 of these blocks. So I best get to sewing them....
~
If you are making this quilt - I only post this to let you know that you are moving much faster than I am, and that you should be proud of yourself!
~

No comments: