Friday, August 01, 2014

Found Coins

In January - I was cleaning my Scraps and I found all these coin blocks.

I had no idea what they were from, until I searched my blog. They were from a Color challenge - in 2011 I think....  So I started playing with the coins.  And this is what I came up with.


Are you ready for picture overload?  I Quilted it, and decided ( again) I like the quilt better upside down....




So - I really didn't have an idea of how I wanted to quilt it. 
I had it one the frame and thought - well - a circle will look good there.

And then I kept going.



it was really a LOT of Fun



I would like to point out - 
It is quilted - and bound - and has a hanging Sleeve.



Were you surprised - that I - Alycia - bound a quilt?
I know... I was too!

12 comments:

Rhonda said...

Congratulations on the found blocks and on the amazing quilting and binding!!!!

Michele said...

Really great quilting.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It looks fantastic! Great job turning those orphan blocks into something beautiful. Your quilting is amazing!

Chantal Thibodeau said...

I prefer it upside down too. Your quilting in the circle is really interesting. I'm keeping that for future ideas.

Terri said...

I'm not surprised... and I love the quilting. It is inspired! Looks like "joy" and "enjoyed" would look. Another amazing quilt, Alycia. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

And that beauty needs to be entered in a quilt show,. Laura H.

Sarah said...

Wow, your quilting is amazing!

Judy V from Thornton,CO said...

Wow! I love your quilt! You are an inspiration, too. Yes, it looks great upside down, too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous quilting... great job!

Ranch Wife said...

Oh...my...goodness! That quilting just leaves me speechless - and that's a rare thing! Just gorgeous. It must have taken you forever, but what a finish!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilting! Love how you used the coin blocks, very bright and fun.

tink's mom said...

Love what you did with the left over coins and your quilting is amazing. Stellar overall.