Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quilters Accountability 1/19/11

These were my goals for last week:
 1. Finish Yellow String Blocks :  Done! They are set in a top and now I am working on the borders.







2. Finish the Yellow MC Top and choose a backing  Nope - the top is done, and then I decided it needed more so I am still working on it. You can see it here:
http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2011/01/design-wall-116.html




3. Cut borders for UFO #6 Done - put on... and are you ready for this? It is quilted, and Chryl took it last night at guild meeting to BIND it for me!!! Whoo Hooo ( it is going to be a Quilt of Valor!)

This is a close up of the panto I used - it was kind of starry.











4.  Quilt Customer quilt - its a food themed quilt - I get hungry easy, so wish me luck!! Done - here is a little clip of it - and yep - it made us all hungry!!

5. Finish cutting the lights for the 3rd QOV kit.   Done with this too.
Which is good our sew day is Jan 30th - so its coming up sooner that I will imagine!
All in all I think I did okay.... we seem to have something every night to attend, and that really slows me down. So I think this next week is the same. Who ever said that when the kids got older it was easier was not remembering all the drive time!!!

Next week's goals:
1. Keep working on the Yellow Quilts, putting on the borders, and choosing backing fabrics:
Sadly enough that is probably all I will get done , So if I have no other goals everything else will be icing on the cake right?

To see what others are up to - and to join in go to:

7 comments:

Tamera said...

Your yellow quilt looks great!

You got a LOT accomplished this week! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Great job Alycia! You finished more than I did. What is that panto called?

Shari in AZ

Quilter Kathy said...

What?!? You already finished your #6 UFO?!?! Start up the band...that's great! Congratulations! The month is only half over...you probably have time to do another one LOL!

Anonymous said...

You were one busy lady! I am jealous about your #6 UFO also.....and I love the yellow strings! Can't wait to see the monochromatic challenge also when you have finished. I don't think I have enough yellow in my stash for even a table runner, much less a full quilt! LOL

Keep it up!

Bari

Shelly said...

You must really like yellow! But they're gonna be great.

Kathie said...

Nice you have UFO #6 almost done. Love the yellow quilt.

Julianne said...

You did get a lot done but, I am not surprised. LOL I love the yellow quilt. Lovely shades of yellow.