Saturday, January 01, 2011

Monochromatic Challenge at Patchwork Times

I love other people's mono chromatic quilts, and I ohh and awe over them, and I am not very brave, because if I was - I would have made one about now right? But Nope - I haven't. I have been reading Judy L's blog - http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and she is going to host a MC challenge, so I decided to try it.

And of course - the first color picked is Yellow. Yellow. Hummmmm. In all of my Red White and Blue, and my Hotpink and Lime and Turquoise quilts - I am not sure I have purchased that much yellow to make a whole quilt.

My goal with this challenge was to use my stash, and not add more. I headed downstairs and dug thru my stash - and Um. Was. Uh. Mildly. Surprised!!!  Look at all of this fabric that has shades of yellow..... I am astonsihed!!

This - I remember buying... it was to maybe be a border for my Aunts quilt http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2007/04/gifts-for-25th.html
BTW - that was in 2007 ( acckkkk)
 This stuff to the right - I think it grew wings and flew into my stash - seriously. 
After sorting and ironing, and cutting the smaller pieces up into strings - this is what I have chosen to work with. Wish me luck!

I have been playing in EQ7 and think I came up with a pattern to use, and grabbed by AccuQuilt Go cutter - because I have one, and I should use it ALL. THE. TIME.

I turned on the Rose Parade and starting cutting. After the parade I braved the 8deg weather and took the dogs and the kids outside. We made it thru 3 Snowboard runs, before we couldn't feel out faces anymore - we came back in and I finished cutting the quilt.....

7 comments:

Andi said...

Isn't it funny how many surprises are in our stash? I opened a bin in the closet and found some great fat quarters!

Kathie said...

Can't wait to see what it will look like, I love yellows.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Okay...I'm going to sit back and watch what you come up with! Because all I've thought was....Hmmmm..."yellow...maybe pair with blue to match my school colors? maybe with black to look like a bumble bee?"

So....I'm watching. {{and may steal what you come up with}} :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

It's amazing what is in the stash, eh? Look forward to seeing what you're dreaming up!

heather said...

I'm always amazed by the things I find in my stash that I'd swear I've never seen before.

Pat said...

can hardly wait to see your design!

Cheryl Willis said...

I should make you take my pink and black scraps. I cut 4 kits from them and the end is not in site.