Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quilters Accountability Week 20


Have I ever told anyone that I love summer? I do - and this week has been great. We have had ample time to goof off, and lots of time to do the chore lists. This does NOT mean that the house is clean though - don't want to get anyone's expectations TOO high!!
`

Here were my goals for 5/20 Week :
`
1. Finish Step 6 of Carolina Christmas. DONE All the blocks have been finished and layed out. The rows have been sewn together, now I just need to get the rows need to be sewn into the top!

2. Start a set of 24 String blocks with Yellow Centers.
`
24 blocks have been started, sewn, ironed and squared up to 9 1/2 inches. So I have half a quilt put together and seriously NO DENT in my blue string box.... I even re-ironed and organized them into the same box.
`
And then -because I am SOOOO Ambitious ( Giggle) I saw over on Judy L's Blog - http://www.patchworktimes.com a Quilt of Valor pattern that she has written and is offering the Steps to make. I thought - I can DO that! And even if I get behind, it will be okay - I'll just work double time on the weekends.... She is even offering to quilters that if you want to donate it to QOV - she will quilt it up! Amazing. Of course I will quilt my own - since I have that machine in my sewing room - and I should be responsible that way..... right????
`
Step 1 is finished
`
And the jumbled pile is almost step 2 being finished. Although she has step 3 up - I don't feel to far behind!
Goals for the Next week:
1. Get Carolina Christmas into a top and add one border. I know I am doing a solid border, but I need to audition which fabric I want first - Bright Green or Hot Pink. If you have an opinion you are welcome to help me out ;-)
`
2. Keep up with Judy's QOV quilt a long.
If you want to see what others are up to go check out Bari's blog: http://crossroadsquilts.wordpress.com/
Have a great evening - we are under tornado watch's and warnings till 9pm. And Thunderstorm warnings... We watched one Tornado go south of us - except we didn't know it was a tornado - just looked like a big rain cloud - till the weatherman told us it was an embedded tornado.
`
Welcome to spring!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! I love your Carolina Christmas....I would have to see the whole quilt to know about the hot pink or the bright green - either would be good, but they sure need some black to go with them. Like even a 1" strip of black, a 1/4" strip of green or pink, and another 1" strip of black.....

Way to go, Alycia!

Bari

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! I love your Carolina Christmas....I would have to see the whole quilt to know about the hot pink or the bright green - either would be good, but they sure need some black to go with them. Like even a 1" strip of black, a 1/4" strip of green or pink, and another 1" strip of black.....

Way to go, Alycia!

Bari

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! I love your Carolina Christmas....I would have to see the whole quilt to know about the hot pink or the bright green - either would be good, but they sure need some black to go with them. Like even a 1" strip of black, a 1/4" strip of green or pink, and another 1" strip of black.....

Way to go, Alycia!

Bari

Anonymous said...

Cool, Alycia.....LOL. My computer was giving me fits so you got three identical comments!

Amy said...

LOL @ crossroads....

I am dutifully printing out Judy's steps; school is coming to its final weeks (next Friday last day), and summer life is already starting to take over the evenings. I'll make that quilt, but it's going to have to wait for a couple of weeks.

GREAT PROGRESS!!!

Vivian said...

I saw Judy's project too and thought it a great offer but knew with the upcoming holiday weekend and the need to get fabric for it, I wouldn't make the deadline.

She said she'll leave the pattern posted as a freebie so maybe later?

Lori said...

I am gonna make that quilt, too.

This weekend, I want to finish a log cabin that will make its way to you!

You are doing great!

Happy Room Diana said...

I really admire your efforts for the QOV, and have joined Judy L in her offer and pattern. My top is ready for the post when I arrive in the USA this weekend.
I hope to make one for our home grown Quilts for Heros when I return to England.

Happy Room Diana