Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Quilts are Coming!!

We were reading about Paul Revere - and I get his sentiments... the Quilts are coming ;-) My UPS man, he had to use a dolly yesterday. He NEVER uses a dolly out here.
~
This first quilt is a Not So Top Secret project quilt - and it is adorable. Click on the picture to see the cool prints! It came from Kara in Lincoln, NE. She worked on it with her daughter. Love that!!


~
Next is a Heartstring quilts made by Mary H in Seattle, WA. I love the placement of the blocks - it s really a striking quilt! Thanks Mary!
~






The next 5 quilts come from Dawn R in Idaho ( http://www.pajamaquilter.com ) One of them is a Virtual MQX quilt. MQX is a quilt show/ classes in New Hampshire ( http://www.MQXshow.com ) and a lot of us were lamenting that we hadn't gone. So the group decided to make blocks for QOV's, and send them in to make a quilt. I think 6 quilts were made.
~
The rest of Dawns quilts were from a group of students that she taught to make quilts - all newbies ( her words!) I think they just graduated to not so newbies!!

























Have a great day!!

1 comment:

mkhquilts said...

Alycia-You did write in yahoo that you recieved the quilt from me. I was waiting to see it on your blog. Just FYI, though, I'm from Spokane, not Seattle! But I'm very glad to see it, and I am very proud of the work you are doing!!
Mary H-