Thursday, April 09, 2009

I have a friend.

My friend in Iowa - she is sort of famous. She wrote a couple of books... she teaches quilting classes... she has a fabric store... she has twin boys. Anyone know who she is?
~
Well she was awful sweet to volunteer to quilt three quilts for me, but when she sent them back - the box had 8 quilts!!! They multiplied. Do you think it would work if I sent her $300 that it would come back as $800??? Hmmm Just a thought.
~
This first quilt on the left was made by one of the teachers that works on QOV's with us. Sherry is the CFS teacher at the high school. I gave it back to her to bind... ha I am SO evil!!
~

Next comes a buggy barn quilt made by Mary at my Quilt guild. Mary has taught this class to members of the guild, and the soldiers are the recipient of this one!
~


The third quilt I sent was made by the Miracles group in Denver. I love the heart applique on it. Apparently Blogger does not - they put it upside down.



~
So have you figured out who my friend is? She is tall - maybe even a little taller than me.. but not too much!
~
Well these are the 5 quilts that came back with my 3. They were made by Suzanne and quilted by her using her Meandering Magic Techniques. I love her books - and have used a lot of the ideas - but its more fun to see the teachers work.

~
The Strip twist quilts ( the two that look alike) were made with Bonnie Hunters pattern and quiltville.com . Remember when I told you I bound a quilt? I bound one of those. ( are you impressed yet??)
~
The Happy Blocks quilt - the one with the Red Borders. You can find that pattern at maryquilts.com

~
And the last quilt - The fallish one - I think she said that quilt came from a book at her store ( http://knotsandbolts.com/) - Suzanne - if you are reading please post the book in the comments.
~
Thanks so much for all the hard work. I sure appreciate it. Our Quilts of Valor count is climbing rapidly!!












****** Post Script********
Is there ever a day that you just know you are a dork??? Well that Happy Blocks quilt - It came from Marcella in MA - and I knew that - I just pretended I didn't because - well I don't know why. There must not have been enough chocolate in my house!!!
** Sorry Marcella....

2 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

The leafy quilt is from the book Have your Cake and Eat it Too.

And, I think there was even more freaky stuff going on in the box than you think, because I don't think that Happy Squares quilt is mine. LOL I was pretty sure I only sent you 7 quilts...

I'm just glad I could help, but I didn't know you were the poor soul that was going to have to finish my binding!

Ramona-quilter said...

Yes, I did guess who it was. I am a faithful MQR poster and follower of Suzanne's blog.
Thank you for the work you do with QOV. It does make a difference to the lives of those who receive this beautiful gift.