Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quilt Tops from Jackie M


Of New Jersey. I have already posted one of her Quilt tops under the Orange Crush Quilts. And here are TWO more!

I don't know if you've noticed - but sometimes I make up names for quilts. And then of course that name sticks and it just sounds good to me.. Okay I even make up names for people. My husband and I were in Mexico and we met a guy in the group with us. He was so cool. And I am not sure 100% why - but I started calling him strawberry... still do - to this day.


Back to quilts - Isn't this one lovely? The Top Left one we called 9patch and blocks - catchy name right LOL? The one of the right is really pretty and detailed. The last picture here is the backing for one of the quilts. Pretty cool huh!


Yesterday was one of those marathon days where you don't get to see your home. We left early to go to swim practice, School shopping , the library, and then on my way to my guild meeting I stopped at The Quilters Stash in windsor and.... they had the cutting mat I wanted. I have been looking for a June Tailor mat. I don't know specifically why I wanted that one - but I have had a JT mat for 12 years and LOVE it. My new one is Teal Green and looks VERY good in my house! I also got a jelly roll for my mom. It was her birthday. The Boys got her chocolate - so we had to go with the food theme!

~

Hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Alycia,
Thank you for featuring my quilts today and thank you for quilting them. I am happy to know that they will soon be going to comfort one of our wounded servicemen. I love reading your blog but hearing about all you do in a day exhausts me!! You are a wonder. Thanks again.
Jackie in NJ

Jackie said...

Alycia,
Thanks for featuring my quilts today and thank you for quilting them. I am happy to know that they will soon be going to comfort one of our wounded servicemen. I love reading your blog but hearing about all you do in a day exhausts me!!
Thanks again,
Jackie in NJ

Jackie Russell said...

I really like the simplicity of the nine patch and blocks. Great color placment!