Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Betty's Quilts of Valor

Betty B sent these three beautiful Quilts of Valor for the Quilt of Valor 400 Challenge. She is from New Mexico. Aren't these just wonderful?
~
It was fun to go to the post office yesterday. I had a truckload full of boys, and truck box full of sleeping bags, pillows and suitcases, and then I got two Huge boxes. ( you will have to come back tomorrow to see what was in the other box!)
~
There was absolutely NO WAY these boxes were going in the back of the truck - so I just piled them on the boys *giggle*. But these boys are so polite - they didn't mind. In fact all of them jumped out to help open doors and carry the boxes! Oh to have that attitude every day.... But I digress.
~
We came home and all the boys escaped outside and I got to open boxes! It was like Christmas all over again.
~
I am excited to watch the numbers grow over in the side bar.
Hope you all have a good one.... I made pancakes by the dozen this morning...
~
Keep stitching!

3 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

How wonderful that quilters from all over are joining you in your challenge to help the soldiers. These are great quilts :)

bbusbyarts said...

Hi Alicia!
Can't believe you put my quilts on your blog with everything else you do!
I was a swim team mom for years too-that sure keeps us busy!
thanks for everything
Betty
NM

Anonymous said...

Oh Alycia what wonderful hearts and hands are at work to produce beautiful QOV for your project! Great job!