Monday, October 07, 2024

Scrappy Log Cabin QOV top

 My QOV group has ben doing a little block drive with these scrappy 8 1/2 inch Log Cabin blocks. I figured it might be fun to put tops together before the drive was over.



Ta da!!! The First Top!!!! So far I think we have enough blocks for 2 tops. I sorta forgot that they take 80 blocks to make a 64 x 80 quilt top.... sometimes Math eludes me.


But I really like how this one turned out. I will get the backing ready and get it quilted soon.

In the meantime, Thursday I sprained my ankle. I did it good.. because - if you are going to sprain something you might as well get some sympathy out of it right? I am supposed to be in a boot - but man those things could kill you. and they make your hips hurt.... 

I made my husband Vet Wrap it instead. I am so NOT good at sitting still!

Also - I can now use my sewing machine with my left foot haha


My Baby has sympathy ... but she REALLY wants to play and run and jump and attack me haha!!



We are working really hard on all our behaviors and being good, so we thought it was time to start training on some fun tricks to intersperse with the behavior.... she is learning to sit pretty ;-)

Its so cute!!






6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

So sorry you sprained your ankle, not fun. I hope it heals quickly. Love the blue log cabin setting.

Delighted Hands said...

Sorry for the sprained ankle! Time will heal it if you cooperate, too! The new top is gorgeous--what a stunning layout of log cabin blocks!
Your pup sure does look pretty sitting pretty!

Linda said...

Ooof sorry about the ankle - how did you do that? I can remember when I was young, when I sprained my ankle it hurt! Glad your husband can do the "vet wrap"! Your puppy is adorable. I'll send our Boomer up for the same training!

Linda said...

Oh, and your lob cabin QOV is beautiful!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Sorry for the sprain and please take care of yourself. Lovely log cabin top.

Melva said...

Oh the pain of an ankle sprain. I've been there with you. :( But that log cabin QOV is beautiful! Thanks for joining my Sew and Tell party.