Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Septembers Squirrel and a new Binding tool

 You might remember that back in September a friend gave me some fabric and I dove right into it creating a new Squirrel!! Its okay if you don't remember, I had to go back and read my own blog to see how long ago it was... good thing for blogs.


Anyways - here I am on it!!

All of my Churns are done and I am out of the squares - so I decided to set it with White sashing and the hot pink as cornerstones - so this is it in progress...


Got a few more things to cut, then I can start assembling!!

My New Binding tool!!!

If you have followed me for a while, you will remember - Binding is just my least favorite thing. Its not that I don't like the binding ( okay it might be) but I think it is more that I am ready to move on to something else. Patience has never been a word to describe me!


So I thought if maybe I had a cool thing to hold my binding - you know - a NEW gadget it would make binding more fun for me. My goal is to make the binding for the quilt WHILE IT IS A TOP!! and that way one of the steps of Binding has been completed


So I told my son my idea, and gave him a little drawing and TA DA!! This is what he 3D printed for me!!!


Don't you love them? a little gadget to make things more fun, keep my binding organized, and!! I even have some PRE MADE binding for my QOV's - all ready to go now, so I could play with my little gadgets. 

He is selling them - check them out here: Binding Tools

I am kind of excited about them - Hopefully that keeps me going on actually starting to love binding... A girl can hope!!

Linking to:

Midweek Makers

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon


3 comments:

Sara said...

What clever binding tools. I try to cut binding as I finish quilt tops, but it doesn't always happen. And usually doesn't for the truly scrappy quilts - until they are quilted.

Linda said...

Those churn dashes are really pretty together. A binding ladder - what a great idea!

Vicki W said...

That's a nice gadget that he made for you!