Friday, December 29, 2023

A Starry Finish and Finished!!! (or not ) Friday!!

Happy Friday to you all!! the Last Friday of 2023!! Who knew?  

I hope you all had a great Holiday!! I did! I am refreshed, rejuvenated, and retired?? NO not retired, just re-tired from thinking of all the things we did over the little break... I'll be sharing!!

I did get This Starry Quilt of Valor Quilted!!!

This one was designed by Karen K. She then cut up Block kits and brought them to our QOV Sew day. All the amazing quilters made the blocks and we threw them at Karen as we raced home....  ( just kidding)

But she put them together into another amazing top!!!

I was lucky to quilt it!



Off it will go , back to our sew days and someone will add the amazing binding to it - and Bam!! It will be ready for a Veteran Touched by War!!

Speaking of Quilts of Valor!!! ( yes, I do that a lot!) 

My next mystery is coming up soon!!!






Doesn't this sound fun??? Come back on January 3rd for the FABRIC REQUIREMENTS - but if you need a hint head over to: this post for some hints  and if you don't have a LOT of Reds and Blues - you can do this in TWO contrasting Darks.... it will work!!

Alright !! Now it is your turn to brag!!



If you had a FONF for the week of the 22nd and one for this week - feel free to link them both up!!!  The linky party only takes 50 links tho... so steal a spot!! Quick!!!


******Last link up of the year !! ****************************






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************Happy New Year of FInishing!!!! *************************

Linking to:
Oh SCrap at Quilting is moreFun than Housework

15 comments:

maggie fellow said...

thanks so much for your blog and link ups - It has been a pleasure

Kate said...

Karen K and your QOV sewing group did a wonderful job with those blocks. The quilting looks great. I'm mysteried out at the moment, but I love the name for next year's QOV mystery. Have a very Happy New Year!

Sara said...

I'm very excited about your next QOV Mystery! Doing the block kits for a sew day is a great idea.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

LOL--threw them at Karen as we raced home!!! Love the baptist fans you quilted on it!

Vivian said...

First of all, I'm glad you enjoyed your holidays and wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year! Thank you for continuing to host FONF and for all the work you do for Quilts of Valor. Hmmm, I've never gotten to do one of your mysteries so maybe 2024 is the year?!? Adding it to my calendar now so I make sure to pick up the instructions.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars make a beautiful quilt! Your quilting is perfect for it, too. A fun group finish!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The Star Quilt is gorgeous. Great job by all. I can not wait for the mystery. I am already hooked by the names. LOL. Happy New Years.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I just yesterday decided to use this star block in a new quilt. ☺ I'll have to watch for the mystery fabric requirements to see if I have something in my stash that will work. Good luck with it.

Vicki W said...

How perfect to end the year with a starry QOV!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, you have another great finish and a cool party coming up. Thanks so much for the party and all the best for 2024!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hear you about being re-tired. We just got home from a quick trip to the coast, and we walked over 20 miles in 2 days. I need a vacation to recover from my vacation!!! LOL!

Linda said...

Gosh that's a pretty quilt! Love the joy coming out of your post. :) Wishing you a very happy new year!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely Quilt of Valor, so nice that many hands worked together to make it! I'm looking forward to the new mystery. Happy New Year!

Delighted Hands said...

Quite a collaboration of brilliant minds! Just a beautiful quilt!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I do enjoy a star quilt and you are so right about the importance of QOV quilts! I hope to participate in your mystery!