Monday, December 11, 2023

Design wall and 2024 QOV Mystery

Good morning peeps!!!

I am doing the Bonnie Hunter Mystery because its Red white and Blue and I'm a sucker for those colors!!

Go me!! I have all the pieces cut for Clue #3  ( ps Clue #1 and #2 are DONE!)



But!! While I am doing it - I am cutting a few extra strips here and there for the 2024 QOV Mystery!!! It does have a name - I will reveal it a little later.....

So here is the Schedule at this moment...

Fabric Requirements :  January 5th
Clue #1  January 17
with One clue a week ( Each WEDNESDAY) until we are done - I see this being 5-6 clues... 

The clues will post on my Mystery Quilts 4 Military FIRST- in the files section... you will need to be logged into your Groups.io account to go to the files section and download the clues..

The clues will also be HERE on my Blog a little later  ( Members gets first crack haha!!... actually I always have to do chores in between posting!)

So mark your calendars!!

here are the few secrets I will share now:

I will tell you some secrets about it
it will finish at 64 x 80
It will be a scrappy one - yes you can use yardage -  but!
Scraps!!!

Think
1 1/2 in strips of lights
2 1/2 inch strips of Red and Blues


and a few 3 1/2 inch strips thrown in for good measure..

maybe (but DON"T force yourself!!) if you are tidying up from other projects - you can start piling some of these size scraps in a bin.....

Such as this:


As you can see ..... I need one more block on each side and little fidgeting on the inner white borders - before figuring out what I will do next ;-)   

I think I like where this is going.... 


-

8 comments:

Kate said...

You've been moving along on the BH mystery. I may finish clue 1 today. Your QOV is looking good, very pretty layout.

Delighted Hands said...

What fun!! Will be looking forward to the Mystery in January!
The quilt on the design wall is gorgeous--it really sparkles!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun, which is what quilting is really all about. :)

Kathleen said...

I have a friend doing this on the island...I am always so impressed with people who do these large scrappy quilts. Fun that you are working on hers as you prep yours!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I always think I'll do your mystery quilt along, but I struggle with finding a third colour (Canada's colours are red and white) instead of blue. And then the next thing I know, the QAL is almost over. ha ha ha ha

Sue Edberg said...

I love your layout for the quilt on your design wall. Great job!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I like where it is going as well.
A QOV friend.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks nice so far!