Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Awarding Quilts of Valor

 I was invited to a few places to present Quilts of Valor on Veterans Day. it was quite fun, but I forgot photos - so was at the mercy of someone else to get them to me..... and now!!

I have one!  

This is a Group from the DAR that I went to .. the members nominated family  to receive a Quilt.  


This was a super fun group - and they were quite funny.... The guy on the far left doesn't live that far from me... although we didn't know it until we had this presentation.  I was asking him about where he was - and he started laughing... he said he couldn't tell me, it was top secret... unless I brought dinner for him and his family! He reminded me of Me!! I always tell people to come but don't come empty handed!!

Of course, many think that means to bring their scraps.... oh boy!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

These posts always make me tear up! What a fun guy who wanted dinner. :D

Sara said...

Wonderful photo! Their smiles tell it all.

Delighted Hands said...

I love your 'spreading the love' posts!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I always love to see these photos, so I'm glad someone shared this one with you.

Kate said...

They look like a fun crew and it looks like that all got fun quilts.

Vicki W said...

I always love seeing these presentation photos!

Kathleen said...

Love the sense of humor of the vet and yours, too of course. Hooray for more QOV wrapping those who served in love.