Monday, December 04, 2023

The Design Wall.... aka - the new art is up

 We always tease that My Design wall is actually a traveling art show - and you never know what will be on display... or if you will even like the artist!!!

But!! 

That wall is getting a little use this week!!!

My Quilts of Valor 20 Stars for 20 years ( that is the official name of the quilt pattern I believe) is morphing into something else..... so It will have to get a new name - but at this time... 

This is what I am auditioning:


I think those will go all around and then I will measure again - and see what I like next ;-)
The goal is to make it 60 x 80 


You may have heard - there is a new mystery out from Quiltville - and since my RWBs were already out - I thought - Why not???  The quilt Is supposed to finished around 87 inches square - and I do need a new quilt for my bigger bed..... Maybe it will all work out?


and look at my puppy - she finally fell asleep next to me!!! This is a new thing for her, usually she bites my feet, and barks at the sewing machine!!



I am so excited!!!! 

Saturday we had a Horse Competition - and it was ALL day!! I sort of expected it to end about 2pm - but at 6pm we were still there. Since it was REALLY cold outside, and she can not stay inside that long - she went with us.

She did pretty well for the first time around 80 horses , trailers, lots of people, and gunshots. We alternated between the cab of the pick up, and her travel kennel in the horse trailer. I am pretty sure she did not sleep the whole day.

I got very chilled, so the last 20 minutes she and I were in the cab with the heat blasting and she was watching everything and snuggling me... I think she was a little tired too - but!! maybe I tired her out enough - that she will nap a few times this week?

Back to work you all!!!  ( and that is not a bad thing - I LOVE my job !!)


Find me at all these places:

10 comments:

Kate said...

The quilt on your design wall is looking good. It's always hard to figure out next steps when you decide to go off the map a bit. I like your fabrics for the BH mystery. It's a lot of HSTs to start!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love how you have done the center of that quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh wow I really like how your new quilt on the wall is looking! Love that center star.

Sara said...

Exciting new experience for your pup. I'm excited about your new mystery project. I had saved that design you are working on, with plans to make it but of course it hasn't happened yet. I like your hourglass units around that center.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful quilts in progress! Nice to have a sleeping pup by you!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love the thought that the design wall is a traveling art show! It looks like you are having good fun and making progress with the resident artist this week. :) And hooray for a napping pup at your feet. May she have more and more of those calm, cuddly moments.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Puppy is definitely growing up -- glad she is learning how to go with you instead of getting left home alone.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The project on the design is looking great! I like the smaller and then larger hourglass blocks. Your puppy is growing right up! She looks like a sweetie!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Red white and blue rocks and so do your projects! Looking forward to 'where' your 20 stars in 20 years goes and your BH mystery!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Your design wall is looking fantastic, Alycia! Love red, white and blue!