Monday, June 27, 2022

Playing in the Strings

In January I decided to try to make a string (type) Block a day... and hopefully use up some of my stash!!!

The pile has gotten rather large - so I decided that maybe it was time to make a top or two and see what I could do!

We all know that I have a plethora of Red, Whites and Blues... so Ta da!!

This is the first top I started on! If you remember.... I made one called Inspired by Cynthia ( Click here for the full story) and I just kept going with this style - so why  not try it again with the blocks I have finished!!!

This is fully Topped and on my table while I find a backing for it....


But I couldn't stop there - I had made strings with my leftover teals 
and this was all I had - so you know I had to do something with them!!

Now this one is a top - and I found a really fun Hawaiian Print for the back....




Every time I think I am making a dent in my string bin... I trim a new quilt and BAM!!  Its full again... I see more stringing in the next week....


Happy Monday!!!

Linking to:

Monday Making  and Design Wall Monday

13 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

Great string quilts!

Sara said...

Great use of strings! That chevron print that shows up in the RWB one gives it a fun little something extra. Love it.

Delighted Hands said...

How beautiful and yet both quilts are so different!

Churn Dash said...

It's so relaxing when sewing strings. Love the way you used the different colours.
Helen

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm not surprised at all to hear that you have a plethora of red, white, and blue strings. And hooray for having 2 string quilts pieced and even having the backing for the teal one ready to go. Have a great week!

Kat Scribner said...

yea alycia, that red white and blue string quilt is gorgeous.

Vicki in MN said...

Those darn strings multiply faster than rabbits I think!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What fabulous string quilts, Alycia!!! I know all about that phenomenon: empty a string bin, cut a new quilt, fill the string bin!!! It's a real thing! Keep on making sting quilts!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like your quilts. I'll have to remember these when I sort through my scraps. Thanks for sharing.

loulee said...

Two great quilt tops.
Something we will never be short of is scraps and strings.

Mystic Quilter said...

String quilts are an all time favourite of mine so It's great to see the two here. The setting of the first one is very effective and as teals/aquas are special colours for me I love this one!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

They really do multiple quickly but you are making great use of them.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

You've been busy! I really like the variety of strings in the R-W-B top. Great layout, too. Love the teals, one of my favorite colors. Can't wait to see your Hawaiian print backing for it. Sounds like strings are never ending since every quilt generates more.