Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quilt Challenge

I am back!! And I love the mail! This morning I went in to my post office and found 2 boxes for me!
~
One of the groups I am in has stepped up to help me meet the 100 quilt challenge that Chaplain gave us. The group actually issued a challenge to all of us to see if we couldn't get 400 quilts to cover all the soldiers in the one unit that we support. Oh wow.... something I think I learned - you should never challenge a quilter... they win ;-) . In this case it will be the soldiers that win.
~

Today I got a wonderful box from Carol in IN. It had TWO quilts in it for Quilts of Valor! And of course - you NEED a picture right????? She said the Patriotic one was from an auction and the other one she made. I think they are both wonderful!
~
I also got another box - so I will share photos of that one tomorrow!
~
Hope you all are having a quilty day!
Alycia

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those quilts are stunning! I get goosebumps everytime I read your blog and the magnitude of what your doing hits me time and again! I'm honored to be a part of it....400 quilts?!?! I better get cracking!!!! ~Jessica

Jessica said...

Also wanted to ask...do you mind if I blog about your "quilt challenge" for QOV and put a link to your blog?