Friday, July 12, 2024

My first Just One Thing Churn dash quilt and .......Finished ( or not) Friday!!

Remember my April *Just one Thing* Churn dash? You don't ? Heck fire - I thought you remembered everything about me haha!!  Just kidding - I can't remember what I am doing half the time.

But this quilt is needed now - so I have it all quilted up and Bound and washed and I LOVE it. 

The backing is a super cool Yellow paisley - the wind was trying to help me take photos!!



You might notice my panels are in a different place? We made a *fenced in * yard off of my back patio for my dog. We are testing it to see if we like where we think we want the fence to be ( makes sense right? )



There was no rhyme or reason to the Churns - I just used 5 - 5 inch squares from my scrap bag to see what I could come up with - and I really like how colorful it is. Funny thing - as I was making it I started to think of a particular family, and each time I worked on it I thought of them (I prayed over them)


So now it is all washed and will be going to them. Turns out - they are going thru a little struggle in life and I thought this might cheer them up. Cross your fingers. 


A close up of the quilting - Kinda Funky!!

I like how it seems certain quilts sort of tell you where they need to go. 

And now!!

It is your turn!!
Whats been happening this week?
Get anything Finished? Moved ahead? 

Show us your progress!!!

PS Thanks for all the great advice on what a Kind size quilt should be - I have some measuring and then Designing to do!!




**********************Link up ********************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*******************************The end *************************


Shes says - Quit working and come play with me.....

21 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The quilting is perfect for this churn dash quilt! The family will love the quilt! They'll feel the love. Happy stitching! Be careful, sometimes those temporary fence panels kind of turn into permanent fencing.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Your churn dash quilt is lovely and cheerful. Your gift will at least say I'm thinking of you. Love the puppy photo.

Cathy said...

I think I am inspired to use neutrals on colored backgrounds - the reverse of what I usually do - because, gosh, I just love how your Churn Dash turned out.

Delighted Hands said...

The quilt turned out beautifully! I love a churn dash any way but this one with the light for the shape and not the background is a fun twist on the ordinary!

Linda said...

Love the churnies - I am seeing a secondary pattern too! The fabrics just make it so cozy.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a cute little face - how can you resist?! That's a beautiful quilt, too, though! Are your blocks 12 inches finished? It's interesting how sometimes you know just who a quilt needs to go to - I've had that happen, too.

Sara said...

The Churn Dash quilt is wonderful - so cheerful and just looks soft and cuddly. I'm sure it will be appreciated. Now - go play with that sweet dog!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your churn dash!

Miss Alissa said...

What a cool way God works! I love it's scrappy feel! I am a visual person so I understand the need to try out the fence!!

LA Paylor said...

little face... hard to resist the call to play!
LeeAnna

Anne-Marie said...

Churn Dash quilts are my favorite.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Well, it sounds like this quilt knew its home from the beginning. I hope the love you poured into it for them is a blessing and help.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a face and those boring eyes! What times the two of you must have!!! Your churn dash is terrific. Yes, some quilts are like that. . .their destination is known somewhere during the process. I like to think the quilts that speak early on so I can think about the recipient during the process always go with extra love.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I do love a churn dash quilt! And what better way to gift than to be told by the quilt who it's going to! Love the funky quilting, too!!!

Chantal said...

Love your finished quilt, love the quilting design too. I need to try this one on my DSM. It's funny how sometimes we get vibes to think of someone and then we find out why they were in our thoughts. Hope this family is seeing the rainbow through the rain. ;^)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a fun and beautiful quilt! You never can go wrong with a Churn Dash!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Your beautiful quilt is a gift of love and care for your friends, and is so kind of you! Have a wonderful week, and thank you for Finished or Not Finished Friday!

Kathleen said...

Love your churn dash - congrats on another finish. That quilting panto is interesting as it grids it, but maybe it is not so hard to match up as a grid. Love it and I love the pup pic, too!

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

Very pretty quilt. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

We hit a high around 90 today. A good day to stay in and sew!

San / Murphy, N.C.

Kate said...

Congrats on a fun and bright scrappy finish. Hopefully the friends with the rough patch have things smooth out soon.

Michele said...

I love that you found the perfect family to enjoy that pretty quilt.