Friday, July 19, 2024

Goofy Geese - the Finish!!! and!!! Finished (or not) Friday!!

Gosh  you guys!! We are kicking it!!! We are finishing so many things!!! Consistently we have 25 plus link ups each week - you all should feel great about your progress!!


Today - My Brag is ....drumroll please.... my GOOFY GEESE!!!


I really thought about some custom quilting and making the cream/whites different... but when I got down to it - I really didn't want to - so I Went with some Graffiti Quilting....


And I had fun with it....



and now!! 

IT IS DONE!!!! Its a cute little thing.... I have it draped over one of my couches - Lightens up the place ;-)  I think it is fun to see what things can be done using the Leader/Ender idea - so many of you do that .. It just feels like I'm getting two things done at once. 

I took this quilt to my Guild for Show and Tell - and during our presentation our speaker started the discussion of what pens to use to write your labels.  This is the one I use :


The Pilot Laundry Pen   I have cloth labels that I designed for our Quilts of Valor - and there are three places to write names - so this is What I use, and Knock on Wood - they haven't washed out...


What do you use? Do they survive washing?




Now it is your turn!!!

Brag away - Link up those fabulous Finishes ( or not)

Share the link up - maybe we can encourage more people to finish things.

Oh!! A funny - we had a new member at our Guild meeting. Our President said "How are you coming on our UFO challenge?" and the new member asked me what a UFO was... oh the innocence ;-)

I answered - and she says - I don't have those!  in my mind I said - Stick around friend. haha!  

Its so cool to have new members for real - its fun to relive their excitement of learning new things!!

*************************Link up here ******************





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
************************The ENd*****************************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

22 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Whoop whoop, beautiful quilt! Lovely quilting pattern too. I don't often use pen for my labels, I haven't find one between too thin and too thick, so embroidery works good for me ;)

Preeti said...

You call them goofy but they look very comfy and welcoming. Hope you have a great weekend!

Kat Scribner said...

Fun scrappy quilt, I always love your use of plaids. Love the quilting design as well. Very cool !

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your graffiti quilting for the fun quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

I think you chose the right quilting to just get it done! Looks great.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Scrappy quilts are my favorite, so I really love your Goofy Geese! Looks so fun - making those geese and setting them going every which way. I've been using a fine point permanent Sharpie to write on my labels - I think it works pretty well and doesn't wash out either. Happy Friday!

Kate said...

A very fun finish! I can't sew without having a leader and ender project any more. It's like something is missing if I don't have one.

LA Paylor said...

thank you for telling us about your pen. It's hard to find one that's dark and is permanent on fabric. A friend of mine did a study comparison of pens and inks and found sharpie was disintegrating the fabric for her... I use a variety of them made to color fabrics but recently have found one to fade with time not washing.
LeeAnna

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love a good geese quilt, LOL. And what beautiful quilting lines throughout!

Melva said...

It is beautiful! I love the name too <3

Linda said...

Gosh I love this! You really have a way with plaids, just makes it so pretty and cozy. I'm glad you're keeping it (at least I guess you are?)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great finish and I love the graffiti quilting! I use Micron pens. I don't know how they hold up to washing because I rarely see my quilts after gifting. The ones here are mostly wall hangings!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, everyone is making so many beautiful quilts! Congratulations on your finish - the quilting is fabulous. :)

grammajudyb said...

Absolutely love those goofy geese!! And the graffiti quilting is perfect!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The graffiti design is a great choice for your quilt. Admittedly, I love swirls, feathers, bubbles, etc.

As for labels, I print all of mine EQ Printable fabric sheets. They claim they are washable, but I have never put them to the test. All my labels include a picture of the quilt, title, artist (me :) ) town where they were made, date made, contact and email, plus their size.

Anne-Marie said...

LOVE the graffiti quilting! 😍

Chantal said...

I don't know what is Goofy about these geese; all I see is GORGEOUS!! I love this one and the quilting is fabulous. I really LOVE this quilting pattern. All the different movements in the quilting talk to me. Great job! Congrats! Enjoy! ;^)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You always come up with the greatest names for the quilts! Love this one and your quilting is spectacular!

Bernie Kringel said...

Not too goofy - but very pretty. Fun quilting Alycia. In a year, you need to ask the quilt guild member if she now knows what a UFO is. ;-). Somehow I suspect she will have a better understanding! Haha

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

Woo hoo, look at those beautiful geese!

San / Murphy, NC

Delighted Hands said...

What a great idea and you saw it through to the end--the quilting is superb and really elevates the design of this quilt!!!

Michele said...

I love the graffiti quilting on this one.