Friday, July 26, 2024

A Seafaring Finish... and ! Finished ( or not) Friday!!!

A friend of mine handed me a bag of fabrics and said - I want a queen sized quilt made please.

Oh boy!! So I had fun pulling out the fabrics and figuring out a great way to use them all - and how big of a quilt to make.

We finally decided on 84 x 96 and... I dug in

Because these were such cool prints - and I really wanted to show them off  - I went with the Turning Twenty pattern.

and to make it bigger - I added the small inner border and a larger outer border.



She had also given me fleece for the backing - Don't you just love this print?
And I quilted it with a more open design - let the fluffiness shine thru!


The good news - she wanted it before November - I BEAT THE DEADLINE

The bad news - I will miss it - its so pretty!!!

But!! There you go - another finish.... whoo hoo!!! I will need to check my stats - but I think I have finished a few quilts so far this year ;-)


How about you? Hows it going? Are you having fun?  You know that is all the really counts right!!



Link up your Finishes ( or not) from this week!!!




***

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**** The end *************************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

16 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You've done a great job with your friends quilt! It looks very tropical, what a wonderful quilt to use in the winter. Happy stitching!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

She had a fabulous collection of fish fabrics and you really let them shine. Lovely!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fun finish with plenty of time to spare, Alycia!!! Love the quilting design you picked out, too!

Linda said...

What a spectacular quilt you made for your friend! I love all the fabrics, and that fleece is so cute. Your quilting sets it all of so nicely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is pretty! I love all those ocean prints, and you picked a great pattern to feature them, too. I would've wanted to keep this one, too! Happy Friday!

Kate said...

A very fun finish. You did a great job of using the the prints with the tone on tones so that it doesn't look too busy. That backing fabric is perfect to go with the front. Congrats. You have been finishing a lot this year.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful finish! I like the way you arranged all the prints. The backing and quilting are perfect compliments to the prints!

Nann said...

Turning Twenty was a great way to showcase those prints!

Sara said...

Lots of fun fabrics! I love that quilting design too. I'm sure your friend will love the results.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a fun project. The inner and outer border let the fun prints shine. The tropical fish back will make for a great alternate quilt for the room.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, there are some really fun prints in the quilt. Congratulations on getting the quilt done so far in advance of your friend's hoped for deadline!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like how you quilted that quilt - nice design

Kathleen said...

Fabulous finish. The inner border is fun and really does help make a shift in the pattern so you begin to really see the pattern and fabrics...great idea!

Delighted Hands said...

What beauty!!!!! I love being able to see the fabric prints-great choice for the pattern design!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, what a lovely quilt! I wouldn't want to part with it either lol I really like the quilting design you chose. It really works well. Thanks for the party and take care.

Vicki W said...

Turning Twenty is such a great quick quilt pattern! That was a good collection of fabrics.