Monday, July 15, 2024

Aqua / Teal Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 oops - did you know the month was half over?

I just pulled some Aqua and Teal out.... can I have an extension please? (pretty please)?

I am not behind - its just there are SO many fun things to do and to see and to do and..... I need an extension please.


I have two blocks left over from my Joshua Tree quilt, I have a scrappy goose from Geese Migration (Pattern found here)   and a pile of strings.

I don't have any 5 inch squares in this color... so I am going to have to come up with a quick plan!!!

NOW!!! as a Whoo Hoo!!!

My June Blue RSC top is done!! Off to pick a backing and see if I can get it quilted before the end of July....


Ohhhh i remember seeing a blue and white stripe somewhere in my stash - like a chambray color... that might be cool for a back.... if I can find it again!!!


Linking up with

16 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

A blue & white stripe sounds perfect for binding. Happy stitching!

Linda said...

I didn't realize Cynthia had made a pattern. I bought the magazine it was published in, and the instructions are OK, but a written pattern would be nice. Hope you find your backing fabric.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

aqua/teal is such a pretty color isn't it and I'm almost out of it!

Vicki in MN said...

How can it that July is half done already! This blue quilt is looking great and would make a great guy quilt.

Kate said...

Your teal and cream lightening strike quilt turned out beautifully! Good luck finding that backing fabric.

Sara said...

The Lightning quilt looks so good - awesome in each of the colors you've done.

Melva said...

That blue lightning quilt is very calming. How about potato chip blocks... I saw a few of them in my parties recently. ;) I know you'll find the perfect choice for those aquas.

cityquilter grace said...

blue and white always a good combo...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your June quilt! Can you get a lLightning Strike quilt out of your aqua scraps? We'll all be excited to see!

Pam said...

I mixed most of my aquas in with my blues or greens!!! Next year I'm going to have to keep them separate!!

Love that you make a single color lightening quilt each month. Great goal!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Time certainly is zipping by this year, isn't it? I think we all need a deep breath! Your blue and white June RSC top is lovely and I hope you can find the blue and white stripe and that it's just the size you need for the backing.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty teal and scrappy Flying geese! I love your Blue RSC too, the strippy chambray backing is going to be perfect! Thank you for sharing this beautiful flimsy ;)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I haven't begun playing with aqua so you are ahead of me! I like your plan and chambray would be a great backing for your blue quilt!

Kathleen said...

The year is going so quickly! Love your quick use of your scraps...a great pattern for a quickie!

Delighted Hands said...

I do like the zig-zag quilt and the aqua blocks!!!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Time really is flying, Alycia! Love your blue and white RSC block top. Have fun with the teal/aqua scraps and have fun quilting! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!