Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Quilts of Valor, Stars Like Spaghetti and a Puppy

 First off -  quilted QOV!! Bev H Emailed me and said I will be in Colorado and I have a quilt for you, and then it miraculously showed up in my mailbox!! So!! I quilted it!!

I like how bright and happy it is, and that zig zag down  the center was a great add!


Here is a close up of the stars I used on the quilting!

and the back was pretty cool too!

A few weeks ago ( The First Saturday of the month) I was invited to Sew Downtown to talk about Quilts of Valor, and they presented me with a huge stack of blocks! Well over 100 of them!

I had a really cool eagle Panel so I played around and ended up framing the panel with the blocks - I think it turned out pretty good!



And check out my Puppy - sitting there all following the rules! She actually sat during the whole photo shoot. I was so prout! She will make a good Quiltydog yet!!



Sunday was our QOV sew day - and we had a ton of fun!! First we had show and tell. 

Dianne  made this one with a super cool eagle panel. I love the way it really looks like your looking thru the window!





Lorna Made this one - again - so super cool!
the way the blues made that panel pop!! Lorna has a way with colors


Ms Karen showed off her Stars Like Spaghetti!!
I think she did a fabulous job!!!


And then Ms Cindy showed off hers - with a twist!!!
Isn't that cool!!!



After show and Tell it was time to get to work!

 Ms Jeri taught us this really cool friendship star block using LAYER cakes!! oh my gosh it was so great!

We had to work in pairs , everything was pre cut - we made a bunch of them - maybe 60?  I'll have to ask Jeri. Our group is a lot of fun, each month someone chooses what we will do. I provide the fabrics, they do all the work and I get to sit back and stitch - its awesome!!


March 29th is National Vietnam War Veterans Day - and we will be heading out to do some presentations of Quilts of Valor. 


"March 29, 1973, is the day U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam was disestablished and the day the last U.S. combat troops departed Vietnam. In addition, on and around this same day, the U.S. Vietnam War Commemoration stated that Hanoi released the last of its acknowledged prisoners of war.

March 29 is designated as National Vietnam War Veterans Day. This is a time to pay special tribute to the 9 million Americans who served during the Vietnam War era, to the 58,000 names memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., and to those who never received the recognition they deserved when they returned to America from war."



Ps - my Quiltygirl email is down - so you'll have to use my gmail one if your trying to reach me for a few days... Ugh


Linking to:

Midweek Makers

Needle and Thread Thursday

10 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a lot of great quilts all around in this post. I love the eagle through the window - what a clever use of a panel!

Delighted Hands said...

What a great quilt-pup~ The photos of your quilts and those of the guild friends are beautiful! Nice job! Thanks for the reminder of Mar 29-there is a older friend I need to call on that day!

Nann said...

What a great quilt show! The first one would work well in many colors/genres.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those are amazing quilts and blocks! What a fun and vibrant group to get to play with each week! Thanks for sharing,

cityquilter grace said...

all very pretty quilts of valor will brighten anyone's home! march 29th....got it on my calendar....thank God for our troops, past present and future.

Kate said...

Very cool QOVs. The two Stars like Spaghetti ones are my favorite in this post. You made good progress during your sew day. Lots of fun friendship stars.

Donna said...

Great quilt show this morning! I love how you bordered the rectangle panel.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love looking at all your QOV's that you showcase! So many ideas start percolating in my brain. :) Thank you for the continuing inspiration!

Marsha Cooper said...

Nice quilts of valor. I should make up some blocks to donate to our local group that makes them.

Linda said...

What an incredible display of quilts! Very talented ladies. Lorna looks like a hoot. :)