Monday, August 24, 2020

Family Reunion Time

This summer - The Ayres Bridge in Wyoming had its 100th Anniversary Celebration - and so! my mother in law planned a great Family Reunion for all of us to go!!

Why is this important? The Ayres Bridge was donated to Converse County in 1920, and AC Ayres (who donated it) is My husbands Great Grandfather.... My Father in Law actually grew up there ... so it was a fun, memory filled time.

Every time we travel in Wyoming - we always make a stop there...


I am sure that things change - but it sure looks the same to me - it is one of only Three Natural bridges in the United States - and it is just south of the Oregon Trail - so A lot of people have visited this place.



So! One of my goals this visit, was to recreate a photo from when the boys were kids. 
nailed it!!
the funniest thing to me -  - check out mine and my husbands shirt colors
and the change in the superhero shirts - too funny!!


We climbed up to the top of the bridge - 

and of course - 
Struck a pose!



and we all had to get in to the photo!!


it was such a fun family time - most of the cousins were there, and the aunts and uncles. One uncle couldn't come due to health issues - so we all tried to enjoy the time extra for him. He was missed.

My Mother in law planned a great lunch and dinner at the park - which was a lot of work for as many of us as there were. The park also hosted some fun events - my favorite was the History of the Park.  During that time the Mans aunt got to talk about growing up there, and the one room schoolhouse they attended.

It was a great time - and a fun way to be outdoors - and thank goodness it was only in the 80's that day... I was a bit concerned about that! 

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I've been there! only once that I remember but as soon as I glanced through the photos I know it looked familiar and read through and remember it. Neat place and for you to have a family connection to it is great.

Delighted Hands said...

Just beautiful! I love the family photo recreation! Looks like a great family time!

Sherrill said...

Looks beautiful but don't think I've ever been there. Maybe next time. Is there a new addition to your photos?

swooze said...

Love love love! I loved going to family reunions and hearing all the stories. All the aunts and uncles have dwindled away. Just two aunts, living in assisted living now. Happy memories though.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great photo remake, Alycia!! Middle Bit looks so different this time! Did he dye his hair or grow out the blonder shade it had been a while back?

grammajudyb said...

Fun fun fun! We’ve been there a few times! You were only about 2 hours from me! What a great photo remake!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love doing photo recreations; yours is wonderful! So glad for your family, and its heritage, that you were able to make this happen during difficult times in this pandemic year.

Sara said...

What a beautiful location. I've never been there, but now have another interesting place to put on my bucket list. How very special that you could have that family reunion and have so many folks able to attend.

Kate said...

Looks like a great place to hang out for a day. Love the recreated photo op, too fun!