Monday, April 27, 2020

RSC for April and Scrappy QOV blocks

I thought I had better get my action in motion for my RSC blocks for April!! Did you know that April is on its way out?  and I sure didn't want to miss making my Blue Blocks.

So!!
Here are my RSC blocks for April

I really really really like this color of Blue!


 I kinda think I want more of it - just to have it around and pet it and tell it that it is pretty!

It is a hand dyed from Colorways by Vicki - her stuff is SOOOo yummy!!

and then...
I have been working on my Double 4 Patch blocks ( our QOV Colorado's Block of the 3 months) as my leader enders... since Sunday was kinda the *end* of the month - I thought I would check in and see how many I have made!




Not too shabby!! 15 blocks are now finished and I have parts for others - so will keep working on those!!

also - I read!

I think it was Cathy and Sane and Crazy Blogspot that mentioned this book - anyways - I ordered it and I LOVED it!! Took it to my Mom and Dad - so now they are reading it!



In short it is the story of 3 women during WWII who were Red Cross Clubmobile Girls and their adventures during the war. A while ago I had the privilege of meeting a Woman who called herself a Donut Dollie during VietNam - so this book appealed to me, as it sounded very much like what she did. I highly recommend it.



Linking to:

8 comments:

loulee said...

Your RSC project is looking good.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like a good book. I just read your post on Sarah Craig's blog. I have a friend who made QoV's with 5th graders for many years.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I made a block for you to add to those up on the design wall. Mailing. It's no SEW easy these days.

Sandy said...

Oh, that blue is delicious! I like your leader-ender project.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a pretty blue in your RSC blocks! I like that layout for your double 4 patch blocks, too. I saw that book on Cathy's blog - that reminds me to put it on my list!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the blue and congratulations on your post on Sarah's blog! Good to read you in another place.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to see what you are working on and what you are reading! Thanks.

Kate said...

That blue is gorgeous. I can see why you want more. Good progress on the RSC. I had such great intentions, but it didn't work out so well.