Monday, April 13, 2020

Mystery Progress

I got an email in my inbox this morning that I have to admit, I wouldn't have read before this C19 thing. I usually delete all sorts of  impersonal mail and read the good stuff that comes from people I know, unless!! the ad has a great headline.

This one came from my dentist - and the headline was "Entertaining Kids during the Covid 19....."

He has a 3 year old and a 1 year oldish.. he is just getting started... and I sorta laughed about a dentist sending this... because... dentist... kids... ah well - I read it - he talked about cooking with his son -it made me laugh, it entertained me....

- and then I thought I would tell you How I cook with my kids....

I make 8-10 servings of everything ( for a 4 person meal) and then I get OUT OF THE KITCHEN... and only , very sneakily , do I go back in there!! As you see, they hear you, or see you going in and say -

"Hey Mom... While your in the kitchen can you make me a huge tray of Lasagna"?  Or hey - could you make 47 more hamburgers..... that is my reality. ....

Quilting is not only my job.... my sanity  haha!!

And on to the Mystery that is happening over at Mystery Quilts 4 Military - we are on Clue 3 - and here is my Clue 3!

I make the test quilt, Write the pattern, test the pattern - and then.... I try to sew along with the group!

So usually by the time the group is making their quilt I am on the 3rd one - and this time - I let Little bit choose some of the colors - so it is fun to see it come together!

Happy Monday....

ps - on March 13th - my Husband was sent to work at home, my two college kids were sent home to *online college* and nobody sent me anywhere... (he he he) - So does this officially make 30 days of "stay at home" 

Linked to:
Design Wall Monday at Small quilts and doll quilts

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

With everyone but you "sent" home
You might just be sent around the bend!
Hang tight and let the collage kids cook dinner occasionally

Quiltdivajulie said...

We're celebrating 30 days at home today as well. Our younger son moved home from his apartment on March 13 - looks like another 6-8 weeks before we're past the initial surge here. Love the story from your dentist's email.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

So in other words, you are spending a lot more time in the kitchen these days! Strike a deal: Mom will cook and the men will clean up the kitchen. Sending prayers for you to stay safe, healthy...and sane! You now have a crew to tackle honey-do projects!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a joke I read about a 'homeschooling' mom. If you have 3 children who are awake 13 hours a day, how many times a day do you hear the word snack? Made me chuckle but then I thought, how does she get the children to sleep 11 hours?

Quilt is looking interesting.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

When I was growing up, we cooked the same way, enough food for at least 8 people, but only a 4 person household. We also frequently had someone 'extra' for supper, too. I did the same when my boys were growing up(seldom had leftovers in the fridge). Now I can cook and have leftovers. What a relief.

qypsyquilterdesigns said...

Thank goodness all the guys are home to take care of farm chores so you can get more quilting done. Just to be kind, I'd order them one of the new instant cooker things, one pot meals. Set it up next to the barbecue grill and put them in charge of "outside dining." That way, they'd know how much you love them. LOL

The Joyful Quilter said...

Little Bit did a good job choosing colors for you!!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Gosh your post made me laugh. I have teens in the house and feel like I'm cooking mountains of food in the hopes that we have leftovers... and they just disappear! Enjoy your week xx

Julie said...

Your posts are so entertaining. I love those churn dashes in the mystery. The scrappy top in your last post is wonderful!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

This looks great. I am behind in blog reading so missed this QAL. Not that I've had time to sew.....can't wait for "this" to be over and we can get back to somewhat normal.

Sherrill said...

Enjoy all those 'bottomless pits' while you still have em around. This virus won't be here for long (HOPEFULLY!!) and then they'll be gone again. My house is really empty and quiet. I think I'd love to have someone around for awhile that needed to be fed (although they might not like what I cooked!!).

Kate said...

I can only imagine your grocery bills while raising three boys! Your mystery quilt is coming together nicely. I'm all for togetherness, but it was nice that My Guy actually had to go to work (you can't run lab experiments from home), I had forgotten what it was like to have the house to myself. Enjoy your sanity stitching, may you get in lots of it.