Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Quilts of Valor 2015

Good Wednesday Morning!!

It's the Weekly Quilts of Valor Show!  So.... I had some questions about what this is - so I thought I'd fill you in. I am the coordinator for QOV here in Colorado - along with my fabulous Western State coordinator Melody!  We have a grand ol' time with all these awesome quilters - Honoring our Service Veterans touched by War with a Quilt of Valor - and you all!!! These quilts are LOVED!

I know it is NOT about numbers - but this year alone Colorado has been able to honor over 200 Veterans.  And I love to show off the gorgeous quilts - so that is why I do a weekly Quilt show!!

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the beauty!!

(above)
This quilt was made from the block drive blocks that we did here on the blog
( a little note - we had enough of these blocks to make over 100 quilts)
It was quilted by Jimmie in Colorado


(above) 
This one was made by the Columbine Quilters 
and Quilted by Jimmie
I so LOVE this block!!!

(below)
Another Beauty made by Columbine Quilters
and quilted by Jimmie


(below)
This quilt was made by the boy on the right. He made it at school with the help of
the Trinity Quilters.  The man on the left is the Veteran 
he got to present it too.
( I LOVE it when that happens!!!)


(below)
Our worker bees!


(below)
This quilt was made by Cynthia B in Colorado.
She made it in honor of her Father
a WWII POW


(Below)
The next two quilts were made by Debbie Y in Colorado
From start to finish.

These two quilts will be going to a Warrior Retreat
I know they will be loved! 

(below)
My son ( the middle tallest one) worked with his NHS
and they made a Quilt of Valor
He was able to present it to a Vietnam Veteran


And because it's my blog:
My youngest presenting a quilt he and I quilted together
to an Iraq Veteran


(below)
This Quilt was made by Margaret 
and quilted by Kathy and Sue


(below)
This one was made by a Red Hat Crafty Group
and quilted by Kathy and Sue



Hope you enjoyed seeing today's quilts!!


And - your daily dose of smiles!!

If you are looking for a new Quilt of Valor pattern to start 
I have a link for you:


Go forth and Quilt!!

3 comments:

Missy Shay said...

What a great accomplishment on reaching over 200 in Colorado.

Susan said...

Great quilts! And thanks for the Spangled Stars QAL shout out!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts and such beautiful smiles. Your groups do such wonderful good in the world.