Monday, May 11, 2015

Not my Design wall

But Samantha's!!!

I have to tell you - I was to tickled to get this email - it truly MADE my day!!!

"Thank you so much for writing such a clear, detailed beautiful pattern for the Super Cool Awesome QOV. It was my first quilt top ever. I have been wanting to do it for a while, but it seemed so difficult. My top has been donated to a local group..... Thanks for giving my the courage to try my hand at making a quilt. It went so smoothly that I have actually completed my second top as well.


Samantha"

Just kind makes my little heart go pitter patter!!!

And here is her Quilt:

Samantha is a former service member - and married to an Active Duty Service Member!!!


Thank you SO much Samantha for sharing with me - you'll never know how much I happy danced!!!

For the rest of you - here is the link to the pattern:

6 comments:

phxquilt said...

WTG Samantha!! Great start. Alycia we're always telling you how much you inspre us with not only your quilting but also your gift for sharing your love of quilting and vets with everyone you meet.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Marjorie said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Thank you for sharing the photo. I've been reading Ashley's War and that just emphasizes how important QOV's are.

Kate said...

What a great feeling to know you were the inspiration. Samantha did a fantastic job.

Terri said...

Thank Samantha for her service and her hubby, too. And now she is making quilts to give to charity... and you influenced that! Atta Girl, Alycia!
It is a lovely quilt - and for a first attempt, amazing.
Hugs

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's AWESOME, Alycia!! I know how good it feels when a "student" completes a project. Congrats! to Samantha, too!

Nann said...

Great pattern for a justifiably proud new quilter!