Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Its April and Carolyn Day!









April and her friend Carolyn in Ames IA sent these lovely quilts to me! That is Carolyn with the horse. That horse looks very friendly! We used to have a horse very similar to the one in the picture. His name was Will, and we loved him.
~
If I have the story straight - Carolyn is a fairly new quilter and made this quilt to the left. April W. then did the Long Arm quilting on it. They make a great team don't they?
~
The other three quilts were made and quilted by April. April's LA business is called the Quilting Den in Ames IA.
~
Back in my Pre quilting days I worked for a company and traveled all over - I spent a lot of time in Iowa and think I even went thru Ames.
~
Anyways - Back to Quilts. I hang the quilts up in my living room to take pictures and it is so fun to get to look at them for a while. My Hubby came in while the stack n whack style ones were hanging and he had such fun trying to figure out how they turn out like that.
~
Truly - they are all stunning and wonderfully pieced and quilted! They will make 4 soldiers very very happy!
~
Thanks ladies for contributing, and thank you for your photos too!

Have a great day!!













1 comment:

Jackie Russell said...

Lovely QOV quilts. Thank-you for taking your time to quilt these and to bring a smile to our military men and women.