Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July


So far it has been a great day. I got to get some quilting in, the boys finished getting the boat all ready. We have had BBQ and now all the guys are out hiking on the east side. Oh we also watched the parade in Greeley - part of the Independent Stampede. We were told it is the largest 4th of July parade... it was cool. We even knew some of the people on the floats.
~
This wonderful quilt came from Gayle W. She committed it to our Quilt of Valor Challenge and I am glad. It is very detailed and a soldier will love it!
It is all quilted Bound and ready to go. It got a Thumbs up from my guys!
~
I also recieved a package of backings. The dear sweet hard working Ladies of the Machine Quilters Exposition Show sent them. (http://www.MQXshow.com) This is greatly appreciated - I counted how many tops I have to quilt so far... Shew I am amazed ;-) I don't want to post how many because I may re read my blog and panic - tee hee..
~
Hope you all are having a great Independence Day! We read about an American Hero who fought in WWII and is making quilts forr wounded soldiers. Tonite we will be on the deck watching all the firework displays around the state and remembering what this day is about!
~
Have a great one!

No comments: