Friday, August 21, 2020

Finally Finished Twirling at the Disco - and Finished ( or not) Friday

 Happy Friday to you all!!

My Twirling at the Disco is at the Finished Finished stage for me!! It is going on to G in Co Springs to bind and award to a Veteran.  The block pattern was designed by Samelias Mum - and I love it!!



I arranged them a little different - just to see what would happen... I kinda like it!




But I really like Samelias layout better - so maybe for quilt number two - I will do it that way.

This is my 13th Quilt of Valor for the year...not keeping up with last year - but!! I am thinking this is a good number so far!!

Now it is your turn - what project did you finish this week?  Again - please provide your direct link - the best way to do this - click on your post title - then the link should be the direct one to use in the link up.






Hope you had a great week and got a lot accomplished!!

*******************************************




*



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*****************************************

Linking to:

17 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your layout for Twirling at the Disco QOV.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Beautiful! Another one to add to the bucket list. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Cathy said...

There's some fun quilting on that one!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Thanks for hosting! There is something always eye catching about quilt blocks encircling the center - this is great!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

You've been running FONFF for one year now!!

Snowcatcher said...

13 QoVs and still only August?!? I think you are awesome! This turned out spectacular!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like the layout you chose, Alycia. Congrats on your freshly finished quilt!

Delighted Hands said...

What a great finish--it is really nice to see the slight variation in the layout!

Sandra Walker said...

Well double linky you and me babe ha! And you've sent me a squirrel on that Samelia's Mum's quilt, that's two that have dropped out of the tree this week (like a squirrel literally did in front of my eyes this afternoon!!)

Quiltpiecer said...

I love this quilt. Scrappy quilts are my favorite even with a controlled color design. Congrats on another great finish!

Rebecca Grace said...

Twirling at the Disco came out great! I really like that pantograph design with the stars, too. Do you remember the name of that design?

Wendy said...

Wonderful finish, Alycia! I love all the fun scrappy fabrics!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

That's a great pattern. Even though your number is lower than last year, it's still a great number. Well done.

Bonnie said...

Great finish! You are much better at finishing than I am! First I don't make huge quilts. And, I don't think I've finished 13 quilts this year. But I'm going to check my list in the next day or so! Congrats!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt finish!

Kate said...

Congrats on a fun finish! I love the quilt name, very appropriate.

dq said...

Love it too Elicia! I think it will be well loved by a vet.