Friday, April 03, 2020

Sticks Infinity ... and Finished ( or not) Friday


Way back in 2015  Cynthia - at Quilting is More fun than Housework started a scrappy challenge and I jumped on it!  I created Sticks.... and I loved Sticks... and I made More Sticks.... and then....

Cynthia made this cool quilt that she called A festive Picnic Quilt.... and although she used stings - I saw Sticks!!! and so I copied ( ish) her!!! ( with her permission - I promise!!) - but I was nice and I named mine 

Inspired by Cynthia

And then.....  I was organizing a pile that I had stacked someplace .. and there was a small top ish type thing - and I said - OH! I can make another sticks..... and so I did...

and here it is:

Ta da!!!



The blue was in my Stack... so I added some cream stick blocks.....


and then I bordered it with An eagle Print!!! I love Eagles!! and it just seemed to look so good!


QOV #6 for 2020


So this one will be awarded as a Quilt of Valor - I think a Veteran will love it!

Alright - Now it is your turn to link up your finishes!! 
Please add a direct link to your blog post.
And go visit a bunch of bloggers!! leave a comment - make them feel not alone this week!
PS - we had 35 people link up last week - Crazy!!! I love it!

*******************************************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




*******************************************************


Linking to:
Tgif Friday at Devoted Quilter
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Oh Scrap at Quilting is more fun than Housework

14 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on another fun finish!

Cathy said...

Goes to show that if you stick to it you end up with a fabulous quilt!

Melva said...

What a great quilt. One could certainly get distracted in the mindless piecing of it. Thanks for the inspiration and for the linky opportunity.
MelvaLovesScraps(at)NolanQualityCustoms(dot)com

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love, Love, Love! Your sticks quilts are awesome!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt!

Snowcatcher said...

Gosh, that is so cool! All your scrap quilts make me wish I could quilt full time! Of course, working from home for now is making me wish I never have to commute again... Ha ha!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are so right, a veteran will definitely love it. It is a beauty!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for this post - inspiration for a fabric pull for which the design idea has been AWOL.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I need to make another of these types of quilt. I live your version. Maybe I will copy you :)

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

I love the cozy look of your Sticks quilt, and what a great scrap buster!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out great, Alycia!! Love, love, LOVE your scrappy quilts!

Leanne Parsons said...

Love it! Congratulations on a great finish :)

Carlie Nichols said...

It's a beautiful quilt and will be much treasured.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I remember Sticks - those are great blocks! I like this finish, too! Perfect border fabric.