I was on a roll with this one - and I just didn't want to stop the momentum...
Can you see all that smoke in the background? We are not even near where the fires are - I can not imagine how bad it is for those folks near them... We can't see the mountains.
Daisy and Bella got in on the action - the change in the sunlight sure changes the colors
I quilted this one with *Twinkling Columbines* from The Quilt Store. ( aka Dawnas Design Threads)
I already had it on my table - so figured since it was set up, and I am a Coloradoan.. Why Not?
Also - I used Scrap Binding - you know how you collect those little ends? I decided to put them together - and Bam! It was just perfect for this one!
Pound Puppy says Hi ! She is on assignment with Little Bit - but she wanted in on the action!!
Do you know that this Popsicle is only my Third personal finish for the year? And the other two were baby quilts that I have gifted already? That really shocks me!!!
I have made memory quilts, and T shirt Quilts and other memory Quilts - but I thought I was working my stuff in there.
I was - just not to the finish stage... I have better get a move on it!
Now !!it is your turn!!
Show us what you have been up to!!
************Link Up here *****************






15 comments:
you have a knack for putting colors together- they look so nice
That's just gorgeous, Alycia! I love the color in it and the scrappy binding, too. Happy Friday - fingers crossed for a cooler and wildfire smoke-free weekend!
Popsicle Sticks is beautiful! The scrappy binding is just perfect, and the puppies look great with it. :D
The fires are horrible, and this weather is just the worst. Fall cannot come soon enough.
Congrats on the finish, it is sometimes really hard to find time to do our own thing! I want to finish more donation quilts and finding it hard to get those done.
Popsicle is a great finish. What a great use of the binding bits! It was good to see pound puppy and now that the assignment is going well. We have had awful smoke here too. I can't believe how many fires are burning across our nation. I am sad for the loss of feed and habitat for livestock and wildlife, for the loss of homes and outbuildings of people who now face an uphill grind to rebuild their lives.
Popsicle Sticks is a fun finish! I love a scrappy binding.
I would never have guessed this was only your 3rd personal finish of the year! You do so much beautiful work for others. :)
Congratulations on the finish! It looks great. <3 Love the Pound Puppy. The smoke has been bad all summer. Earlier in the week we could not see our mountains either. And then a few more fires in the county popped up! One is on the backside/top of Fishers Peak and the State Park trails are closed. :(
It breaks my heart to hear about all of those affected by the wildfires this year. Popsicle looks amazing! It reminds me of a grapesicle- yum yum! Have a wonderful weekend and give all of the little fellas a pat on the head for me. Hugs.
What a stunning quilt! No wonder you couldn't stop working on it!
Scrappy quilts are the best! I love doing scrappy leftovers binding, why not when the top is scrappy already. Hope the fires stay well away from you.
Congrats on the finish! I've only got 3 finishes too this year, so you aren't alone. We still have time to work in a few more. The Popsicle Quilt turned out beautifully and the quilting is gorgeous. Hope the fires stay far away from you. We had the smoke from them here earlier in the week, it wasn't fun. It has to not be fun for you either.
Love your Popsicle Sticks finish and those cute pups
Oh what a fun quilt!
What a happy quilt and beautiful models!
Post a Comment