My goals for August - are to actually finish something!
Also - to get my sewing area cleaned up, and to sort thru the piles of fabrics I have just piled.
I started with the easiest thing to do... Bind!
We all know how much I love to bind 😕 but these were little, so there wasn't as much crying when I dug in,
I made this with the leftovers of my leftover scraps !! and then finally decided to put in on the longarm at the end of a quilt... and quilt it!
and now! it is bound and ready to be used someplace.
I had also quilted a few hot pads - and didn't get this one bound - so it yelled at me.
I used denim on the back - and had some extra red binding - so! Ta da!!
Maybe having a first finish in August will keep the fires ( not the real ones in the real world.. just the one in my sewing room) going and I will GET ER DONE!!
One last photo from our little jaunt - they had started these little Uber Eats Robots - I had never seen one so had a good time watching them. One day a fleet of 4 of them came out and were at the same Light as us, the little carts eyes turned into hearts.
That made my day !
How was your week? Did you get into the sewing room, Share your direct post and visit away!!
Link up here : **********






13 comments:
They have those little robot food delivery things all around Purdue University. There were a bunch hanging out in the McDonald's parking lot when we visited. 😄 I like the idea of denim on the back of the pot holder. I bet it gives an extra layer of heat protection.
Your little scrappy mat is a fun finish! I love those kinds of projects - quick and satisfying. The Uber Eats robots are hilarious - I would get a kick out of watching them, too! Happy Friday, Alycia!
Way to go binding those smaller pieces and getting them to the finish line! I agree with you regarding those Uber Eats Robots. We watched some on a University campus one weekend. I was surprised how well each navigated the sidewalks, people and the streets without running amok. We watched 10 at once return to their home base. It was an orderly procession!
It always feels nice to put in that last stitch on a project! Have a great weekend. 😊
I had not heard that there are Uber Eats robots, wonder what trouble they will get in to, LOL.
Great job on getting some binding accomplished, Alycia! And those Uber Robots--never heard of them but that's amazing! And such a cute detail that their eyes turned to hearts!
I don't know what size your first blue leftovers bits piece finished at, but it looks like it might be a good placemat size. We love using quilted placemats for our meals. I'm proud of you for binding and getting things finished up!!
Good job setting some finishing touches on projects! I like the denim potholder!
Small finishes are still finishes. Good luck with your goals for August. I did do a bit of sewing room declutter. Still needs more, but I can at least work now.
What a sweet tender mercy when the lights became hearts. That would brighten the darkest day! I love your leftovers quilt. The quilting is fantastic, too!
Love the quilting on your little scrap projects. Beautiful
You're on a roll, girl. Run with it! ;^)
I understand your reluctance tackle binding. I used to love the excuse to do handwork. Now if I stitch for more than 30 minutes or so at a time, my hands cramp up. I know I could machine stitch binding, but that isn't the esthetic I am after. Also, since I face most of my artwork machine stitching just won't work. What go me over the hump was positioning myself in front of the glass door with the best view in the house.
Post a Comment