Monday, August 24, 2026

Leaf Block

 Back in May our guild hosted a Workshop and I attended. 

I also had a broken foot - altho I didn't know it was broken then. 

I had a lot of fun and learned some new techniques - but I didn't finish the project.

brought it home - and there it sat.


i made the executive decision to just finish it - not finish it the way she asked us to - just DO IT - and get it done. So it is... 

now I will Quilt it and we can use it as a placemat  - or something on top of one of my cabinets - or even maybe Meals on Wheels... but!  

Score!!! it is ready to quilt!



We had a ton of blossoms and then - a freeze and a wind = and I have exactly ONE apple to pick this year. I may have to hire a whole picking crew ha!

At least I will have one!



14 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Well isn't that disappointing to only end with one apple. Ours are staying pretty small again, last year too. But there are lots on the tree, so after the squirrels knock some off and take a few bites and the deer stand on their hind legs and eat some we still get some to eat.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Haha maybe you could make a tiny pie with that apple! Do your horsies like apples?

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Finished is better than perfect. I'm sure this will make a great placemat/topper, etc.

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, boy. Last winter's freezing temps still leave its stamp here, too.
The block/placemat will be useful when it is done--and that counts for a LOT!

Cherie Moore said...

A miracle you got that one apple after freezing temps and wind! I bet it is a most delicious apple. Interesting piece from your workshop…..done is good!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

only one apple! I'm sorry about that not the kind of crop we want - the freeze had hit my blueberries and off of 8 plants I got a 1/2 pint!!

Theresa J Johnson said...

Interesting piece.... and thanks for the chuckle.

Donna said...

It’s still a finish! One apple??? You’ll have to split it with the hubby.☺️

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

A finish is always good and love the Modern feel.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Sometimes that does happen with fruit. . .next year will likely be a bumper crop! I like your plan with your leaf!

Sara said...

Looks like a very tasty apple. Those late frosts and prairie winds are hard on fruit trees.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaw what a lovely little quilt block .How is your foot doing, Alycia? I hope it is not giving you fits even after these last few months. It does take time to heal though. Enjoy that one special apple. Hugs

Kate said...

A very interesting block. Finished is definitely better than perfect. Hopefully you get to enjoy the one apple. Spring and Summer have been so wild this year.

Elaine Adair said...

That's just plain "not fair"! Better luck next year!