Friday, May 17, 2024

Yellow Lightning RSC Quilt and !! Finished ( or not) Friday

 I finished my April Yellow Lightning RSC quilt!!! Whoo hoo 

I just have to say - try saying that last sentence three times fast. I am not even sure I have it right saying it the one time - regardless - my Yellow RSC from April ... is done!!!



It measures 45 x 54 ish - each block is supposed to be 9 1/2 inches (9 finished)
I had a lot of Yellow 5 inch squares - so this was a perfect way to use them!


I quilted it with a panto called Mexican Carpet  by Dawnas Design Threads
I liked the circles - I thought they were fun!




This backing worked out well - its 60 inch wide fabric . and my quilt was 45 ish - but!! I had another small quilt - so I cut enough backing to do both of them.  Altho - I only got one bound for FONF.....


I liked the springy fabric - We have had the craziest weather - in the morning its starting out warm and getting hot, then a storm rolls in and its cold... Not complaining! my timing for taking photos has been off!!! haha!


So far - I am all caught up on my RSC quilts being quilted... still piecing Mays pink one.

That is whats up with me, other than the hammering and the air guns and the big construction trucks. 

Whats up with you!!

* Link up the direct post please - not just to your blog
*LEave comments  - show the quilty love
* and have a piece of chocolate... its good for the heart






******************Link UP here - lasts till Noon Sunday Colorado Time****************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************The end********************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Yellow Lightning is such a bright sunny happy quilt! Love the backing fabric, happy stitching!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Nice finish, Alycia--quilt, quilting, backing!!!

Delighted Hands said...

The colors and fabrics of this one is superb!!!! Nice work!

Vicki in MN said...

You are so smart to make a whole quilt with the RSC colors to reduce the stash quicker;)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Another beautiful quilt! You are an amazing finisher. Wish you could come to my house!

Vicki W said...

That's a pretty quilt!

Angie in SoCal said...

Pretty nifty quilt, and a gorgeous back! Love it.

Sara said...

That backing is just the BEST! These are all such good stash busters, and look so good in the color combos you've been doing.

Miss Alissa said...

I love how the plaid made the yellow pop in this one!

Melva said...

I love that big print backing! Good choice for a spring quilt. <3 Thanks for the chance to share. :)

Sandra Walker said...

I have said it before but I do love your idea of a lightning quilt each month for RSC. Heaven knows I have enough scraps I could do this too... I flipped back through a few posts because I've been mia for a bit, and you got another girlie! Love! Also your photos of the aurora borealis - ahhh. Wish I'd have got myself out of a sound sleep at midnight because there was nothing here at 10 either, though it was a bit cloudy on the Saturday, and I forgot on the Friday until after I'd turned out the light... no way was I getting out of bed ha! I've seen them a lot when we lived in Alberta and ethereal is the most apt adjective. Fantastic photos of them (the one lying down ahh) and the squalls and storms!

Linda said...

I love the blues and yellows, turned out so pretty! That backing fabric is just perfect. Your quilting is amazing.

Kate said...

The blue and yellow lightening quilt turned out beautifully. The back is really fun too. It is hard to figure out when to go photograph.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love the yellow quilt. Blue plaid is perfect with the yellow scraps! Good luck with all the construction.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That finished quilt sure looks like sunshine to me! I like the quilting design you chose too!

Bonnie said...

Nifty yellow quilt. I like how you spiced up the design with the bright prints. Great job.

cityquilter grace said...

yup definitely yellow....very cheery!