Monday, May 27, 2024

Solvang!!

 Day 1 of our little adventure found us flying to Santa Barbara CA - pretty early in the morning! Wich was very nice - we had a whole day of doing cool things!!

The first cool thing - had to Solvang and find food!



I was in LOVE this these green grassy hills.... And kind of envious - I wish our grass stayed that green all year round...  Back to Solvang!



its a Danish Style town - and so cute. I remember going here as a kid with my parents, But I think things have changed since then. In my head when you drove in you were right in the middle of a whole new world. This time you had to go park and then walk to the world. its kind of hidden back there... maybe it always was and my Dad just knew where to go?

I also remember a lot of bakeries and crafty type stores. This time there were a lot of wine tasting rooms. We didn't indulge as we still had driving to do. We did find food and a few bakeries to sample!

We finally found shoes large enough for Little Bit ( he wears a size 14 or 15)



Love the buildings and the windmills. Its a really neat town. I always wished I could be an architect and build things like this. Maybe that is why I am so drawn to quilting.



Our new best friend !!!

it was a fun stop... and then we headed on to.... Templeton CA . In my mind Templeton runs into Paso Robles so we will be in that area.....




5 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun trip! I've never heard of Solvang, but it looks like a cute place to visit. The bakeries and wine tasting - yum! Your family looks like a hoot. :D

Sara said...

That does look like a fun place to stop. That is an area I've never visited.

Kate said...

Such fun family photos. Looks like it was a really cool trip.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Little Bit is such a piece of work, Alycia! Wishing you safe travels and I'll be looking forward to the next installment of your adventures.

Delighted Hands said...

I have a husband and one son with feet to fit 15-16's!
Looks like a very cool visit so far!