Monday, October 09, 2023

NE Wyoming Quilt Show... and I saw a Quilt I recognized!!!

 This last weekend Was the North East Wyoming Quilt show.... and I saw it on Facebook and looked it up. It was about 30 minutes from where my In laws live. I texted my MIL and asked if We could crash at her place, and off we went.... 

( well not really - off - we had a lot of planning to do, and begging of the boys to do the chores... you know the routine things before you can leave)

If you recall - I hosted a Mystery called Long May She Wave...

This Quilt show had a TON of quilts, and they were all in classes so you could walk through and judge the classes, and As I turned a corner... There was a LONG MAY SHE WAVE....

Bowl me over!! My husband says - Hey that one looks familiar!!


it was made by!!!!  ( Drumroll please)  https://grammajudyb.blogspot.com/   HOW COOL!!!!

That just totally made my day!!!!  I was so excited to see it, and!!! I got to see her!!! Of course, I was so happy to chit chat - I forgot a photo... and I even had my hair untangled!!!

Seeing her Quilt inspired me to finish the final pattern. It was written as a mystery - but I just needed to put it all together into one pdf for you all - and now!! Thanks to Ms Judy's Push... it is ready for you!!!

Long May She Wave Quilt Pattern Here  There you go!!! ( and go me... I need validation haha)



Just for fun .... this is mine... and even though you will notice it is not bound in the photo - Ms Kim has now Bound it and... it has already been off to its Veteran!!!


Hope you all enjoy it ---

One more Show photo:


Oh you know I had to ohh and ahh over this one haha!!

Find me at all these places:

14 comments:

Sara said...

What fun to see a quilt made from your design! I'm really looking forward to our guild's bi-annual quilt show in a couple of weeks. Quilt shows are so full of inspiration and ideas.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

How fantastic to see a quilt made from your mystery quilt pattern in the show AND get to talk with the quilter who made it!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Look at the cute halters you can make for the cows ;).
Both Long May She Wave quilts are nice. Sew much fun to meet someone like that.

Vicki in MN said...

It was meant to be that you went to the show, how cool!! It really is a beautiful quilt:)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That must be so fun to see your design made by another quilter! It's a beauty! And the cow is wonderful - I love seeing quilts like that.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a thrill to see the quilt made from your design and I bet the lady showing it was really thrilled to meet you!! Sure glad you were able to make the trip thanks to your family!

grammajudyb said...

Thanksfor the mention! ❤️ I hope to get my Long May She Wave off to a veteran soon. And guess what, the cute cow small quilt you loved, won a blue ribbon. It certainly was cute!

Vicki W said...

How cool to see a quilt made by one of your patterns!

Delighted Hands said...

I sure did love this mystery!!!! How exciting to see it and meet the one who made it!!! Good for you!

Donna said...

I bet it was thrilling to see your quilt design in the show! Love the cow quilt!

Bonnie said...

Cool to see your quilt and meet one of the gals who makes your mysteries. Love that cow. Kind of reminds me of Ferdinand the Bull -- a story about a bull more interested in flowers.... (if I remember it correctly.)

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Wow, Alycia! What a thrill to see your quilt along pattern at a show! And to meet the person who made it! Dang, I wanted to see a pic with your hair untangled! LOL LOL Love that cow. Love your finished quilt as well! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings.

Kate said...

How fun to see your pattern in a show. Hope you had a fun visit with the maker. The cow is just too cute. Looks like you definitely had a fun time at the show.

Danette said...

Quilt shows are always fun and you saw one made from your pattern. Can't beat that! Yours and hers are both exceptional!