Thursday, October 26, 2023

Spread a Little Sunshine... and!!! Finished ( or not ) Friday!!!

This may be the last of my RSC15 quilt tops... maybe - I reserve the right to be wrong on this... but!!

Have you ever googled the definition of the color yellow? Oh My it is a controversial color - 

"Yellow, the lightest hue of the spectrum, signifies joy, happiness, betrayal, optimism, caution, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy, dishonesty, cowardice, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard and friendship."

Who Knew a color could have so many things about it?

I am going to choose Happy and Sunshine for this one!!


I am kind of happy to have this one finished!





And I am really glad we got photos in the sun - before our fog moved in!! I think Fall/Winter is here!!

That is about what I have to show for this week ;-) I helped a kid move... Ugh and Yay - Happy for him, but he's farther away. I have been quilting on some of the most amazing Client Quilts, and.... chasing my dog haha!! Well - we also had a QOV sew day ( photos coming soon) and we had a Lions Club Game Night Fundraiser AND a 70th anniversary dinner . ( The Lions club turned 70)


PS- I am way behind on my blog reading... so don't be scared if I show up in a really old post haha


Now it is your turn!!

Whats been going on in your world?

Inspire us all - or entertain us - or just show us whats up!!!





*********************Link up here******************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************The End*********************************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

16 comments:

Kate said...

Yellow has so many shades, from sunny to golden to muddy. I see happiness as the sunny and cowardice as muddy yellow. Your quilt is Definity the sunny and happy variety.

Linda said...

What a beautiful quilt! It always makes me happy to piece something with yellow, so I'm going with the positive definitions - lol!

Donna said...

Lovely quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think in the case of your yellow quilt, you could call it sunny and happy! That's a beauty, Alycia. Have a great Friday before the storm!

Vicki in MN said...

You had a really busy week. I didn't know any of that about the color yellow, it really is a mess isn't it, LOL.

Sara said...

Your yellow quilt has a buttery look. Very pretty!! Fall has arrived with a vengeance here in SD too, and winter has arrived in much of the state although we may not see snow until tomorrow. My world is seeing some NEW project sewing, at least for a few days. I'm just really in the mood for setting aside the UFOs and WIPs, and play with something fresh and new.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Yellow seems to have a lot assigned to it; I think choosing happy and sunshine feels right for your quilt, too. Congratulations on the bright and happy finish!

chrisknits said...

Oh my, Yellow is a little confused aren't they? I love the gold shades of yellow!!!!!

quiltingbydawn said...

The yellows are so pretty together. I find it hard to find pretty yellow fabrics. Your quilt reminds me of the aspen trees in Fall!

Elle said...

Walking on Sunshine :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sunshine indeed!!!! I love this cheerful beauty, Alycia. Happy Friday.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love yellow! I even put yellow sashing in the Crossroads quilt I finished this week! It stands out, so a little goes a long way in a scrap quilt. Your yellow quilt is pure sunshine.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE this cheerful quilt finish, Alycia!! Thanks for the reminder that my yellow Quilted Scrap Basket is overflowing. Hmm... I just might have to dive into it after finishing up my Retreat quilts!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Who knew that a sunshiny colour could have such devious meanings too. Interesting. Always a beauty of a quilt to show us...thanks.

Delighted Hands said...

no mass growing on you!!!! lol The quilt of yellows is beautiful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the more positive/happy parts of the definition of yellow.