Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Pink RSC Blocks - the Spinning Goose

 And a little tutorial!!!

I am still not quite organized - but you know - sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and get back to things. So - while I am not 100% happy with my fabric choices for this month - I am happy I got my block done, and probably - with all of them together - I won't remember this isn't my favorite....



Here is January and February Together....


Now - Quite a few of you asked about my block - about the sizes and how I made it. I love that - but it also panicked me, I didn't know - I just put it together.... so now!! I know!!



Here is what I Pulled - I needed 
4 Colored 5 inch squares
4 Background 5 inch squares

2 1/2 inch strips of Background and 
2 1/2 inch strips of the color


On the Background - I used my EZ Angle to cut the wings
( You need 16 pairs)

and on the Colors - I used the Companion Angle to cut the geese
(You Need 16 Geese)


Colors:  16 Geese
4   5 inch squares

Bacgkround 16 pairs of Wings
4   - 5 inch squares



Construct your 16 Flying Geese - and then sew then into pairs - Each goose should be 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches - each pair of geese should be 4 1/2 inches square

Use your 5 inch squares to make 8 half squares - trim them to 4 1/2 inches


Lay them out like sew - and start stitching the rows together



And Ta da!!! You have a spinning Goose Block!!!


The end ;-)


Linking to: Midweek Makers

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Patchwork Party


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

17 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cool block!

Vicki W said...

It's a very cool block and I happen to lvoe yoru fabric choices for this month.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Well, it looks great with your January block and I really like that plaid has bene used in both blocks so far!

Susan said...

I think it's a great looking block, though I'm not sure I'd call it pink. Could always do a pinker one when the month comes to red, as a swap.
But really, in the end, who cares???

Delighted Hands said...

I like the combo of elements with the plaid thrown in for good measure-nice choice for your RSC23!

Vicki in MN said...

Cute block, thanks for tutorial for it! That blue one is so pretty, not that there is anything wrong with the other, I just like blue!

Paulette said...

That is so cool! Thanks for the tutorial!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great block. Did I miss what size it finishes at?

Sara said...

That is a great block! Plaid scares me, but you've used it so well. I love those same rulers and use them often.

quiltingbydawn said...

When I see plaids, I guessed the lovely blocks are Alycia's blocks! You make such great quilts with plaids. The directional nature of plaids are a bit intimidating. Great job!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty block, I love the fabrics you choose! The blue one looks lovely too.
Thank you for sharing the tutorial, and linking up!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

It's fascinating how many different ways there are to cut and stitch flying geese. Your tutorial may be the first I've seen using specialty rulers. The geese and the blocks look great.

Susie H said...

Great tutorial for a great block. It really is an awesome one. Love the movement, will love the colors of ALL the blocks put together at the finish. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're weekend is going great!

sue s said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I have been gifted a ton of plaid shirts and have been cutting whenever I have a moment. This will be a great pattern for them.

Chrisknits said...

Just loving this block!!! And I like how you are alernating the plaids and the solids.

Bonnie said...

Two questions about your block -- what size is the finished block? And, what program do you use to get your blog name on your photos. I'm guessing the block isn't 12" finished. I don't have the mental energy to figure it out today! (need I say math isn't my subject?)

Linda said...

Thank you so much for this - all I needed was a squirrel for today - lol!