Friday, February 24, 2023

Hiking / National Parks Quilt and Finished!!! or Not Friday!!!!!

I met a man at the breakfast place, and he saw some of the Quilts that I had made. He Asked if I could help him design one for his wife that included her favorite National Parks on it...

and so the search started for the Fabrics and the Parks and...


Ta da!!!  A perfect sized Lap/Couch quilt (60 x 80) with her favorite parks!!!




I kind of fell in love with these panels - and now I want some!

Her absolute Favorite park was ( of course) Rocky Mountain National Park... I mean - they live in the shadows of it . so that is the back!!!


This week has been interesting for me. I am taking care of Two Ranches near me, as they get a quick chance to go on a vacation. And they are fun, but one of them is pretty far back, and there is nothing but fields around it. 

Wednesday it started to snow, and all of a sudden my SUV didn't have enough clearance to make it back to their house. No worries, I unhooked my Pick up and took it. But by Wednesday night I was using the 4WD on the pick up to get back there - the roads were just fluffy snow on top of ice, and the wind made some huge drifts!!!

Here's to a little bit of snow melt before they get home!!! But they picked a great week to go on vacation!! ( seriously!!)

And now it is your turn!!! Tell us what you have been up - Link back so others can join in - and we can all add to our bucket lists!!

*Please provide the DIRECT link to your SPECIFIC Blog post 

*Link back to this post in your post - so others can join in

*But BEST yet!! Have Fun and Visit a lot of others - leave encouragement!!!

the link up stays open until noon Sunday Colorado time ;-)


*****Link Up ******





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
***************The End******************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook


Linking to: Peacock Party at Wendys Quilts and more

18 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, the quilt is so unusual and unique and just simply wonderful. But the best part is that a gentleman wanted it something so special for his wife. And another best part is that you were able to make that something special.

Ivani said...

What a special quilt and I love the quilting too.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love all the National Park panels in the quilt. Years ago after a wonderful visit to Yellowstone, I bought Yellowstone fabric for a quilt. I recently used some for the back of my granddaughter's quilt. Seeing the one you made may inspire me to finally make my quilt. Great job.

Michelle said...

What an amazing quilt, Alycia! I love it! And wow! You are a good neighbor ro watch your neighbors places so they can have some time away. (My dad had cattle, and it was always a bit of job getting a vacation.)

Quiltdivajulie said...

The Parks quilt is beautiful. Especially since the various blocks represent her favorite parks! Well done.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That's awesome that you were able to find the national park panels and that the Rocky Mountain one on the back is so large. Oh goodness, the snow and wind this week has been something. I'm hunkering down; today is supposed to be the worst for us.

Snowcatcher said...

I only hope all this snow is helping prevent fires this coming year!!! Glad you were able to navigate safely in the deep snow! This is an awesome quilt, and I have to wonder now if I might know the recipient, being as I spent eight years up in the shadow of that national park!!! Great job!

Bernie Kringel said...

What a wonderful neighbor you are Alycia. That is one area of disappointment for me regarding our move to WA. This neighborhood has no friendly feel to it. There isn't a way to judge that when buying a house but wow - I hardly see anyone out and about and when I do, there is no interaction. Such a drag. I know there are worse problems but jeez!!

I LOVE the National Parks quilt. It is so cool and makes me want to go look for that fabric!

Vicki in MN said...

That is so awesome that you could help this gentlemen out with a fun quilty gift for his wife.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Stay safe as you take care of their ranch. Nice quilt pattern you chose to use.

Paulette said...

That is a beautiful quilt, and I love the way you quilted it too! You found the perfect fabric and I'm sure it'll be a treasured keepsake.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Beautiful job. I am sure this will bring back fond memories of the couple's travels to the National Parks.

Delighted Hands said...

Very nice use of the panels--I loved these when I saw it! Very cool about the snow-as long as it has a happy ending!!!

Chrisknits said...

I need to make my daughter and SIL a Parks quilt. They are working their way through the National parks. Love this one you finished!

Vivian said...

Great job using the NP panels, I'm sure his wife loved it! I have the panel that pictures all the small park panels. It is my "one day" project to honor the trips we hope to make to all the parks. We've only been to one so far and seeing this I'm thinking I need to make it up as another incentive for us to keep going!

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing this quilt. I have several yards of this fabric and have hesitated to start. I'm going to make quilts for my brothers because we spent many summers visiting National Parks. Love your version.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely quilt Alycia. I had a client bring me a quilt from those panels. They really do make great quilts for those who love our parks (like me).

Two additional ranches - that is a lot of work!

Kathleen said...

What a lovely quilt! I am sure his wife will be thrilled with it. And, I am really glad I slid in at the last few minutes on this linky....husband had a brief overnight in hospital, he's fine, so I am just catching up!